PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 06:12 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Sprint

TC1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
weird, running the 1.47 radio + 2.17, no lockups, no problems on mine.
I'm pretty sure the problem has to do with roaming and the coverage in your area. If you have good coverage and don't roam often you shouldn't see the problem.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:02 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Tyorik is a n00b
Wow, lots of quick replies, good stuff

I haven't really messed around with new roms and such yet but I am using the stock rom and radio... Surprisingly, after checking, stock for me is 2.14 with 1.4 radio. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one cursed with this problem though.

Someone mentioned to limit roaming... Here's the problem with that: where I live, is roaming. my plan that my parents pay for is based in another city, while I'm in a city an hour away for college. So limiting that might be a problem :/ I'm a little scared to try a hard reset though, it sounds really complicated. And just for the record, does a hard reset reset ones registry as well?

Edit: On another note, where can I get the latest Alltel rom (If hypothetically, I do want to try my hands at this)?

Edit2: And, while I'm thinking about it, since HTC is sending me a new phone, if I try a hard reset is it possible to undo all of my changes so that if it doesn't fix the problem I can still send it to HTC, just in case that conflicts with some warranty thing or something?

Last edited by Tyorik; 01-03-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:06 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Try Custel's rom. It's what I use and I love it. Blazing fast and has many tweaks while removing alot of the crude that I didnt use.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=344974

Hard resetting isn't a big deal unless you have lots of apps, programs, etc installed with all your settings and have registry tweaks galore. I created a excel file listing the order of all programs, apps, registry entries, settings, etc and keep back ups of ALL my stuff on my SD card.

But once you get a good base (ie, Custel's) it's rare that you have to hard reset... and a hard reset at that point will bring any rom, stock or aftermarket, back to it's original state proprietary to the rom your using.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv 6800
Carrier: VZW

ggaeta is becoming a great contributor
Had the same problem with my 6700 (two different handsets). I called VZW and they were really helpfull. it seemed like it was a known issue cause they replaced it for no charge. maybe it is a design flaw with the power button for the 6800 as well.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:37 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Tyorik is a n00b
In anyone's honest opinion, should I keep my Mogul? Alltel is getting the Touch soon (It's up for preorder on their website), although I do alot of texting...

But, all in all, should I hold out and go for the new one they're sending me, or should I petition for a Touch or (blasphemously) a Blackberry 8810 or something? I've only had this one for about 2 and a half months and I have insurance on it, so I might be able to work something out. I'm not too picky or anything, I love gadgets, but this Mogul just seems to be so prone to problems, slow performance and is a little clunky (Although my 3600mah battery is a little bit of the culprit). But! If you guys think this is more or less the best phone to have, hell, I'll stick with it and wait for the new one and maybe try a new rom? Albeit a little bit of a scary endeavor after some reading...
Old 01-03-2008, 11:43 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Tyorik is a n00b
Wow, I feel stupid...

I, uh... Apparently... Didn't know how to do a hard reset. Which... Fixed the problem. I'm such a phone-noob.

Thanks for the help though! I'll be sticking around here. I think I'm gonna keep the phone after all until there's a real problem with it or something infinitely cooler comes out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan