PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   There a way to turn off the MRU on the Today Screen? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=15135)

sanjsrik 01-02-2008 10:48 PM

There a way to turn off the MRU on the Today Screen?

Hi,

Another question which I'm trying to find an answer to is how do I disable the MRU (Most Recently Used) list of applications on the Start menu that seems to get longer and longer every time I use the device?

Please help?

Is this a registry edit?

Thanks in advance.

saltytostitos 01-03-2008 02:01 PM

no clue on any reg keys or settings...

A Program Called Quick Menu (has many other features but still very small footprint)
creates sub-menus and remove/add what you want.

Darkness231 01-03-2008 02:30 PM

Again there is no way to turn it off without using a 3rd party app. Quickmenu allows this option, as well as Wisbar Lite and WA3. There is a reg hack to clear the list(looking for it) and there is other 3rd party apps that will allow clearing of the list Tweaks2k2 is one of them, and ClearTemp is a free one.

sanjsrik 01-03-2008 03:25 PM

you guys are great, thanks.

so, i'm guessing there is no way to stop to auto-dimming/turning off of the phone though?

sanjsrik 01-03-2008 03:25 PM

funny thing is i use quickmenu on my current treo.

Darkness231 01-03-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjsrik (Post 153877)
you guys are great, thanks.

so, i'm guessing there is no way to stop to auto-dimming/turning off of the phone though?

Did you adjust the Power/Backlight settings in the menu? Its under
Start Menu->Settings->System->Power->Advanced
The adjust the Backlight, tap menu(in the power settings) and select backlight.

sanjsrik 01-03-2008 04:51 PM

I've adjusted this AND the power settings to NOT turn off when on external power and still hte phone dims after a few (don't know how many) seconds, and finally, turns off to disconnect from my PC after about 10 minutes. It's very annoying and keep having to press the power button to turn it back on. I've looked all over ppcgeeks for a dimming issue resolution and nothing seems to work. I know others have had this problem and was wondering if anyone else has come up with a solution to this issue?

Darkness231 01-03-2008 05:54 PM

Do you have any 3rd party apps that might be set up to change profiles, like phonealarm? I've also heard of people complaing of the backlight turning off after 10 secs.
You may check the reg keys and verify that they correspond to your settings

("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "BattSuspendTimeout",0) **no time out, always on. Time out is 0 mins**
("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "ACSuspendTimeout",0) **no time out, always on. Time out is 0 mins**
("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BatteryTimeout", 0) **no time out, always on. Time out is 0 secs**
("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACTimeout", 0) **no time out, always on. Time out is 0 secs**
("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "Brightness", 10) **full brighness**
("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACBrightness", 10) **full brighness**
("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACTimeoutUnchecked", 60) **no time out, always on**
("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BatteryTimeoutUnchecked", 60) **no time out, always on**