PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 04:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

greencat is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Tech Serivce "Rant"

I wanted to change my slow ringer so I needed my MSL. I tried using the chat with sprint to get it because I didn't want to explain why I needed it. The person on the chat couldn't get it so I had to call in. The tech person wanted to know why I needed it and then went on to explain to me that the change would not help anything.

He said based on his knowledge of the towers that I was wasting my time. I explained where I got my information from and how I felt the people on this site were extremely knowledgeable. He continued to argue and I finally said just give me the number.

Why does it have to be this difficult?

This posted twice - please delete
Old 01-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor
Hmm wierd. Ive called for both my Mogul and Touch and simply said I need my MSL and they just gave it and asked if I needed anything else. Guess it depends on the Cust. Service rep?

Some people are just annoying!! I guess they are worried that giving out MSL numbers leads to unlocking phones? Who cares though, they already made the money on the phone, if anything they are screwing the other phone companies out of selling phones. Oh well.

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com
Old 01-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Dont need to call sprint.. All you need a is program called getspc, and your esn #
Old 01-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

Tony_Soprano is a n00b
A CR told me it was against the law

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencat View Post
I wanted to change my slow ringer so I needed my MSL. I tried using the chat with sprint to get it because I didn't want to explain why I needed it. The person on the chat couldn't get it so I had to call in. The tech person wanted to know why I needed it and then went on to explain to me that the change would not help anything.

He said based on his knowledge of the towers that I was wasting my time. I explained where I got my information from and how I felt the people on this site were extremely knowledgeable. He continued to argue and I finally said just give me the number.

Why does it have to be this difficult?

This posted twice - please delete
I actually was told by a CR that it was against the law for her to give me the MSL! I called major BS and told her that that was a complete falsehood. She stood her ground, so I told her that the phone was acting funny. She then said "we can help with that", had me enter the ##778# and then told me to enter a 6 digit number...the MSL. There is always more than one way to skin a cat!
T
Old 01-03-2008, 12:05 AM
gof
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

gof is becoming a great contributor
If I'm asked, I just tell them I have an application that uses the MSL for part of the copy protection key and I need the MSL in order to complete the install. Never had one even hesitate after that.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800

saltytostitos is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to saltytostitos
GetSPC is very nice!

NEVER had luck calling customer service, emailing e-care always worked!
Installed Apps: SPB Pocket Plus/Backup/Phone Suite, PocketWeather, Codypcc Threaded SMS, Google Maps, Live Search, Arcsoft MMS, Pocket e-Sword, jcandela, CooTek TouchPal KB, Sirius WM5, Conduits Pocket Player, sipchange, Resco Explorer, GetSPC, PointUI Home (testing)
Old 01-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
never had a problem

I called multiple times for both of my vm4500's my fusic and my mogul and they give it without asking questions.

If one give you problems, hang up and call again.

Getting lucky 8 of 8 times proves that the majority of calls will end in success IMO.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

halfdriven is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to halfdriven Send a message via Yahoo to halfdriven
if you need your msl message me
Old 01-03-2008, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW

TrainSafe is just getting started
I must say that I had a very pleasent customer service experience yesterday. I just wish that I knew who this Sprint Tech's supervisor is so that I might pass along some kind words. All I know is that Dan, located in Denver, spend a half an hour and showed genuine care for my needs. I called to log a ticket with the intermittant network issues that I was having. Judging by the number of folks here having the same trouble, I honestly didn't expect a solution. Dan offered several options, but no empty promises.

Jury is still out on if these options fixed the problem (I'll post if it works later)

Maybe there is hope for Sprint after all!!
Old 01-26-2008, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SprintTouch Pro 2

ChristianProgrammer is a n00b
Mini Rant

This isnt a rant most of you said tech support was nice ....
I went IN to the location Where I got my Mogul I'm under my 30 days AND I'm paying insurance so if the phone is lost broken squished whatever I get a replacement FREE !! I told the dude I wasn't content with the GAP between the parts you know the slider top and the base...
you see a buddy at work saw my phone and went out and immediately got one for himself.....I made this gap in between the pieces unacceptable by trying to use the sedio rubberized cover (IMHO Not a nice product!!)
whatever who cares Im under my 30 days I could have decided I wanted a Trio for all he cares or My dog could drop it in the toilette whatever gimmie a new phone !!
he friggin went and got this manager who produced a new one from the back to compare the GAPs between that one and mine....informed his manager that he couldn't locate my purchase info (the chick that originally did my order had some difficulties getting it done) and that HE (THE CLERK) recommended that I not get a new phone....

Seriously if I wasnt saved and well shall I say wise.. I would-of dropped kicked that kid ..anyway the mgr did his little dance...so I took the opportunity to ask him about policy R.E. Custom ROM's and the like...bottom line...you pay the $7 a month insurance you can literally jam poo in it and return it and get a new one who cares. if its runnin MAC X linux starwars winNT Boo Boo no big deal.. However if your not paying the insurance... well you better flash back to a sprint Bootloader, cause their techs generally can't tell what ROM your running (fries with that sir) but it would be smart to try to get a stock on on there B4 returning to the shop...for covered repairs

thats a no brainer pay the $7 a month and do what ya like.. well except be displeased with the new gap between the sliding pieces....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan