PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2008, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

edub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation MOGUL WMWIFIROUTER and XBOX360 Wireless Adaptor works! = XBOX LIVE A GO!

I set up my Mogul as an ad hoc network to connect to the 360 for XBOX live. I'm amazed at the speeds i get.

Here are my steps.

1. Set up an ad hoc connection on your Mogul First! Heres how. From XDA-Developers. Heres a link to Chainfire's WMWIFIROUTER http://forum.xda-developersdotcom/sh...d.php?t=357152 the cab might be on this sight somewhere also.( Please read, dont make this harder then it should be. Dont think you can just instal a cab and wallah, no read please. )

2.When the ad hoc is created flick the Mogul Wifi switch up then run the WMWIFIROUTER Cab. Once the cab is up and running select connect.

3. After it connect, cut on your 360 and go to your network settings
:Go to edit settings> then wireless settings> then select create ad -hoc network since your mogul isn't seen as a wifi hotspot.> Next Type in the name of your Mogul's ad hoc and press start > Then select 802.11 Network Type and select 802.11g> Finally select Done and Lastly select test Xbox Live and Now you can say wallah! Haha.

Notes:
1. Sometimes you have to go threw a few Xbox live test to get it running
2. Laggy in the day time.
3. Downloads content as fast as dsl

Games I have played on Live using this.

NBA 2K8 - For some reason if your already signed in with yur profile at the start screen your game takes forever to load you profile and game setting. But wait there is a get around to this. Do not sign in your gamertag b4 the game start, wait until your at the main menu and select Xbox live in the game the once it say there is no active gamertag or whatever, hit the xbox menu button and sign on to your gamertag. Once you do that it signs you in the 2k servers and your in.

Call Of Duty 4 -No work arounds, Work flawlessly at times, it make you jus look at your phone and think about these great developers that need to start making there own phones. (i will be donating very soon to the devs.)

Madden and College Football 08 - Seems to stop my connection during the first quaters,not sure why because there is only a slight lag.

Test Drive Unlimited - Works excellent, thought sometimes people say they cant hear me on the mic.

Have fun!
Old 01-24-2008, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint SERO-Premium

ETphoneHOME is becoming a great contributor
My brother have done this exact wmwifirouter program and he is playing Halo 3. I just got my program running and will be testing out my PS3 tonight. My laptop connects perfectly.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Lurker

madtreed is a n00b
Nice Def needa try this lol

Old 01-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
of course it works you silly goose! its a wifi adaptor! hehe but seriously thats cool. Not as complex as mine, since I don't have a wifi adapter on the xbox...

wmwifirouter -->pc with wifi adapter ---> xp internet sharing to lan ---> router --->xbox and local network

fun times! awesome program though!
Old 01-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

papped is a n00b
Really long CAT 5 cable > all!
Old 01-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The Pro 2.0

Ovendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuff
I'm really looking forward to trying this when I get home.

Nice post.

What type of battery consumption do you see with this?

Is it possible to recieve calls when the connection is active (i.e. when you are in a game)? If so, are you disconnected from the game?
Old 01-24-2008, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

edub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovendoor View Post
I'm really looking forward to trying this when I get home.

Nice post.

What type of battery consumption do you see with this?

Is it possible to recieve calls when the connection is active (i.e. when you are in a game)? If so, are you disconnected from the game?
I'm not sure, about the battery consumption, due to me keeping my phone on a charger in a nice cool place. So I dont have to deal with that issue of it cutting off on me.

And yes you still recieve calls and text messages. I've once recieved a call playing nba 2k8 and picked up and said a few words b4 the 15 second disconnect that the game has, and was still able to play after that.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

fcarig03 is a n00b
I mean do you have to pay extra for using your mogul as a modem? i have unlimited powervision

Last edited by fcarig03; 01-24-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint SERO-Premium

ETphoneHOME is becoming a great contributor
I would always keep a charge while using this because wifi will drain your bettery very quickly. I get disconnected from the internet when I pick up a phone call but as soon as I hang up, my connection comes back.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcarig03 View Post
Is there a separate charge for using your mogul as a modem. FYI i have powervison
No I have been using such apps as USB modem, pdanet, and this for a very long time now and not once have i ever been charged.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan