PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

ViPaDawG is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul Hangs at Startup, No Idea Why

okay, so i've had a mogul since release, and this has never happened before, but has happened to me twice in the last week.

at night, i plug the charger in, and normally restart my phone. so to stop the startup noise, i put my phone in silent before restarting, and then i soft-reset it. i've been doing this for a while now, but recently, on restart, it LOCKS UP. it will show the htc mobility screen, and the sprint ahead screen, but when it comes up to the green windows mobile screen, it looks up. the only apps i have on startup are vistahidebattery, and i have tried everything, but i cannot get it to boot. took the sd card out, took out battery, AND soft reset. if you remove the charger, the light blinks green to show it has service, and if you plug the charger in, it will change to amber to let you know that it is charging, however it doesn't move from the windows mobile screen. if i take it off the charger, and let it go into standby, i cannot get it to wake back up. i dont have anything too out of the ordinary installed, and i haven't installed anything new. the following is a list of my installed programs:

HTC X-button 1.5
HTC Home w/ Color Icons
PPCGeeks Sprint MMS
PHM Regedit
Google Maps 2.0
Live Search 2.5
AIM 2.0
WM6-Finster Remote Desktop
Cingular MusicID
Vistahide Battery Gauge
TCPMP .72
FlashVideoBundle

I am running Sprint Rom 2.17 w/ 1.47.01 Radio. I have seen this on my old release mogul, and a new replacement mogul that i received.

i think that's all the info anyone may need, so does anyone have any ideas on why it could be? i think it has something to do with the silent and not being able to play the boot sounds, which leads it to hang, but I am not sure.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:07 PM
to0
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Cricket

to0 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to to0
If you connect your device to your computer while it's hanging, does ActiveSync find it?
Old 01-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
Try pulling the battery, let it sit idle for a moment and then start it.

Also for the future, you can try SPB Pocket Plus, they have a safe mode boot.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

@ to0: i did not try activesync, next time it occurs, I will try that.

@sporklover: yes, i did pull the battery, and let it sit for about 10 minutes, before putting the battery back in and rebooting, and no results. and i'll look into spb pocket plus, thanks!
Old 01-11-2008, 07:41 PM
to0
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Cricket

to0 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to to0
If you can connect it to ActiveSync while it's frozen, check what's in \Windows\Startup.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:52 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
its the htc home...happened to me and i had to hard reset.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

so muting it from htc home, then rebooting is what causes the hangups?
Old 01-12-2008, 03:40 AM
iPhone Killer

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPaDawG View Post
so muting it from htc home, then rebooting is what causes the hangups?
what do u mean muting it?
Old 01-12-2008, 03:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

the only time it's happened to me, is when before going to sleep, i usually soft reset my phone, but other people in my house are asleep, so i put the phone in silent, by going to the shortcut in the htc home menu, once, it's in silent, a second later, i reboot it, and THAT's when it hangs. it's happened to me twice. on two different moguls.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:49 AM
iPhone Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPaDawG View Post
the only time it's happened to me, is when before going to sleep, i usually soft reset my phone, but other people in my house are asleep, so i put the phone in silent, by going to the shortcut in the htc home menu, once, it's in silent, a second later, i reboot it, and THAT's when it hangs. it's happened to me twice. on two different moguls.
do u mean the htc homeplug or htc home?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan