PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 11:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Wes Janson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New sound cues possible?

All righty. I'm going back to the gurus of Windows Mobile...

I was wondering if it's possible to associate sounds in WM6 to more commands than what's originally provided. For example, I'd like to associate a sound with pressing the Start button. Another sound that occurs when a program opens. Then a sound that plays when Bluetooth is activated; another when it's deactivated. So on and so forth.

Pipe dream? Or possibility?
Old 01-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
If it makes a sound, you can change it.

For the start menu in WM6, IDK about you, but mine doesn't make a sound. It did in WM5.

All of these files are in the \Windows directory. I'm doing all of this from memory, so tell me if you have problems

But anyway in WM5 the name of the file for the start menu and/or for when you open a popup menu was menupop.wav.
The file for when you select an item from a menu was menusels.wav.

You can also change the sound the phone makes when you press the end button. It is Midiwav_0409.wav.

The startup sound is phoneon.wav.
The airplane mode sound is phoneoff.wav.

Could you tell me how to get the bluetooth sound? If you do I could tell you which file you need to overwrite.

When I get home, I can upload my folder of system sound I overwrite. It makes the phone sound like Windows Vista.

As always, BACK UP THE ORIGINALS BEFORE OVERWRITING - in case you want to go back to the originals.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser
The Kitchen for the 6700 has an OEM File that activates the sounds so there is a way to turn it back on.
I think for my 6700, the sounds are all configured via registry, right? I don't know where I found it but I know the End key that you mentioned is in the registry, and all you have to do is change the string that names the file location. For example: /midi.wav, or something to that extent. I'm sure the others are somewhere, probably near the other settings. I didn't find them when I looked but then again, I was too amazed that I could have my own personal sound for the end key that I never persued the rest of the sounds.
Let me know how it goes because I intend to play around with it again sometime this week.
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 01-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Threadstarter

Wes Janson is a n00b
Thanks for the responses.

I know all about how I'd go about changing the sounds already on the phone (except for the screen taps and hard button sounds -- I can't seem to find those anywhere, either as a file or in the registry). As it stands, I've replaced just about all of the default sounds with my own futuristic concoctions. However, it's creating new sound cues that I'm inquiring about.

You're absolutely right; the Start menu in WM6 doesn't make a sound (even though it did in previous versions of WM). And as far as I can tell, there aren't any sounds for BT activation and what not. I wanted to know if it was possible to attach sounds to these things -- having sounds that originally weren't there before.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
in the 6700 WM6 kitchen, you can choose to have the pop and select sounds, helmi always had them in his roms, and they were WM6, so there should be a way to get htose back right?

Old 01-02-2008, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

leedawg is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by friguy3 View Post
in the 6700 WM6 kitchen, you can choose to have the pop and select sounds, helmi always had them in his roms, and they were WM6, so there should be a way to get htose back right?

AGreed my WM6 rom on my 6700 had a cool little start menu sound and a sound when you selected and launched a program. Let us know what you find out and post back up how to do it I too would like to hear some feedback sounds like the old roms on my 6700 had..
Old 01-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
I think I may have found something.

I didin't have time to read it over, but I think this may be what you're looking for.

http://pocketpcdn.com/articles/controlpanel.html

scroll down to about 5/8 ths of the page to where it says "Sounds & Reminders. Sounds"

Im guessing its a hidden menu of sorts.

I SWEAR IF THE STUPID AUTOMATIC UPDATES ON MY COMPUTER DONT STOP ASKING ME TO RESTART IM GOING TO THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW.

Sorry, that was really random
Old 01-06-2008, 01:13 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
You might have to create new registry strings & values & link them to sounds that you create. I think just about all of the factory tones & sounds are located in the \windows directory. Try locating the current sound-activated actions (screen tapping for example) in the registry. Then try creating additional strings & values there with you preferred tones (installed in the \windows dir) and experiment until you succeed.

And if you do, then post your results. Alot of people might want to know how to perform this as well...

In the meanwhile, I think I will give this a shot too as I have been pondering this myself at one time. I will post whatever results I achieve.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Janson View Post
I was wondering if it's possible to associate sounds in WM6 to more commands than what's originally provided. For example, I'd like to associate a sound with pressing the Start button. Another sound that occurs when a program opens. Then a sound that plays when Bluetooth is activated; another when it's deactivated. So on and so forth.
You're going to drive everyone within 50 feet of you up the wall. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
try this...there is a file there that some say worked, but i would just love to know what reg edit it does, maybe someone can open the cab and see?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...fix_wm6_sounds

oh here is more...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=328048&page=2

doesnt seem like this works 100% correct sometimes so be careful...maybe it will help out though for someone that can understand more than me

Last edited by friguy3; 01-06-2008 at 03:19 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan