PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 10:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down mogul browser frustrations

Is there a browser for the mogul that isn't complete crap?

Internet explorer has a really annoying issue where it loads up pages and hangs for a long time on the last few bytes of info. It also formats the pages horribly. I tried to browse ebay to find a phone number in my inbox. Due to it's slow loading, I wasted 30 minutes and still didn't get results. I found that I was quicker to drive home then get on my home computer to search for a simple phone number. I'm pretty sure that I am not the only one who finds this unacceptable.

I hear many say how opera mini is great. The issue that I have with opera mini is that it freezes 100% of the time. It will work great for a few minutes but then it will freeze requiring a soft reset. This makes it completely worthless as I can get nothing done if I must reset every 2 minutes.

I believe that there is no way in hell that people will recommend a program to anyone that freezes 100% of the time so I think that this is a problem on my side.

Is there any things that you guys think that I should try to stop this freezing? Is there another browser that doesn't load slower than a 8600 baud modem while not freezing 100% of the time?

I am begging for help. I tried for 40 minutes to post this message between internet explorer inability to post on this site and mini's random problem where it will say that I am not logged on to this site and when it finally works and right after I hit send, it freezes. I had better luck browsing the internet with opera mini on my fusic.

EDIT: jbed is the fix and it can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=24 I couldn't be happier.

Last edited by esqueue; 01-02-2008 at 08:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

ViPaDawG is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
opera mobile?

or the mozilla pocket browser, that skimps on the features, but I am not sure.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:03 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPaDawG View Post
opera mobile?

or the mozilla pocket browser, that skimps on the features, but I am not sure.
Opera Mobile yeah its as good as its gonna get but the current Mozilla browser is a nightmare.

It is thee buggiest app on Windows Mobile to date = Minimo 0.2
The real developers are going to make a better one soon and it'll be more like the N810's Mozilla browser which is the best mobile browser out to date.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Threadstarter

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thumbs up wow

It seems that my problems were fixed by using jbed.
I am repling from my mogul. Now this is what I'm talking about.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch by HTCâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint PCS

PeterDLai is a n00b
I was about to recommend you change your MIDlet Manager, but it appears you have already done so.

I experienced the same frustrations you did with Opera Mini originally as well. If you like, you could also give Picsel Browser a shot, it feels more Safari-like (a la iPhone) than any other browser on Windows Mobile so far.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor
Yep. I reccommend Picsel. The only issue I have had so far is that it won't start a dang data connection on its own! So pretty much just pop open PIE and let it connect and then reopen Picsel. Not THAT big of a deal just a small annoyance. Other than that Picsel is awesome! But its not a public program so you would have to PM someone (hint hint) and have them email it to you.

I also think Opera Mobile is pretty great but its $30. So not worth that amount of money. However, Opera Mobile 9 is supposed to be all revolutionary and stuff but it has been "Coming Soon..." for like 6 months lol.

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com
Old 01-01-2008, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

OffUrRcker is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to OffUrRcker
I love picsel but I wish it would cache more of the surrounding page, when one is browsing. I hate that when I move, everything is blurry, and I have to wait for it to focus. Kind of defeats the purpose of reading a long page while sliding.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:51 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by winmobilelawyer View Post
Yep. I reccommend Picsel. The only issue I have had so far is that it won't start a dang data connection on its own! So pretty much just pop open PIE and let it connect and then reopen Picsel.
You may want to look at Manually initiate EVDO on Mogul? for a 1-click solution. Works great for me.

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 01-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
This might be the thread to help me. I like opera mini (although no copy paste). But I get errors... midlet error caught exception.. is there a way to fix? What is jbed and how to I change from the default one?
Old 01-02-2008, 01:11 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
It seems that my problems were fixed by using jbed.
I am repling from my mogul. Now this is what I'm talking about.
whoa, jbed? Isnt that like $50?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan