PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 04:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BT keeps shutting off with new rom; anyone else?

HELP - my bluetooth keeps shutting off with the new oct 22nd rom.. is anyone else seeing this?

It stays up for ~1-2 minutes then turns off!
-mark
Old 10-24-2007, 04:56 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I was about to post a similar thread - I did on PDAPhone home. People are reporting various things - BT shuts off on their phone - like it would when power is low. Others are saying they just stop having connectivity between the two and have to reset the phone to re-establish connectivity.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
great. just when i was getting excited.

maybe we should get the calls going to sprint/htc.

their good old beta testers were asleep on the job agian. or are we still the beta testers. lol
Old 10-24-2007, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP12PREDIAMONDMOMENTEVO
Carrier: anyone

veronicamays is becoming a great contributor
Yeah, I noticed that too, I thought I had turned it off.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6900/touch
Carrier: SPRINT

JNILSEN21871 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to JNILSEN21871
well after the rom update my bt sound is still only a lil better than subpar and i also notice that when i hit the power button to hibernate the phone when i press the button to wake it up it is unresponsive and i have to soft reset, also it seems like the memory leak is gone but the price for that is once again the mogul becomes unresponsive and i have to soft reset, in just 18 hours i have had to soft reset 8 times and it also seems that when you first turn on the phone it seems like it takes a few extra mins for the radio to aquire a signal, while with the 2.09 rom as soon as your screen booted up BAMM you had a signal.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Pitchblack98 is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to Pitchblack98 Send a message via AIM to Pitchblack98 Send a message via Yahoo to Pitchblack98
My bluetooth is turning itself off also ever since I did the update last night.

My mogul will also freeze if I have my headset connected and I hit the button to put the phone to sleep. It won't wake back up when I hit the button again. I have to soft reset to get it back. If my bluetooth is turned off I can put it to sleep and wake it back up over and over again with no problems. It only happens when bluetooth is turned on. Figures...

My Mogul is also only a week old. I ditched my treo 700wx because of bluetooth problems for the mogul and the moguls problems are even worse. Looks like its about time to move on over to GSM or another carrier. I've been with Nextel and now Sprint for almost 8 years now and their phones and service has gone down hill fast with no brakes.

EDIT: by the way... I never tried my bluetooth before the rom update, so I don't know how well it worked before with the older rom. I just hadn't gotten around to setting up that part of my phone yet.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:44 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
maybe a little off topic, but does anyone know BT status of the telus rom? maybe at this point we need to locate the best of all available BT drivers and use them.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
Phone locks up when switching between Edvo and 1x and bluetooth turns off randomly. The bluetooth part is what kills me. It was a cronic issue with my 6700's I had.
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

APOLAUF is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
The bluetooth part is what kills me. It was a cronic issue with my 6700's I had.
This is one of the principal reasons I switched to the 6800 - I can't believe this nonsense. My confidence in HTC products is diminishing quickly.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
HTC just churns out garbage. Who do you think the morons were who "tested" this software update before releasing it? BT sounds a bit better but shuts itself off, D-Pad doesn't work any longer and BT causes the phone to lock up when put to sleep. UGH!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan