PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Touch Screen and Power Button stopped working (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14971)

kaptain86 12-31-2007 10:13 PM

Touch Screen and Power Button stopped working

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around here on the forums for a little bit, done a few mods (htc homeplugin and customizer, few registry tweaks) and the past week my touch screen and power button stopped working. I took it into my sprint store and they said to send it in to the manufacturer to have it fixed. Problem is, they didn't give me any name or website to visit. I looked in the manual for the phone and found UTStarcom Personal Communications in the back with an address to send the phone in. I was trying to locate a website to email them about the phone to try and get in touch with a rep but haven't found anything.

Has anyone sent their phone in to get repaired? The sprint store said it would cost $55 for me to have the phone replaced since I did not take insurance out on the phone, would I be better off just replacing the phone and swapping over all my stuff or sending it in to get replaced?

Thanks.

ViPaDawG 12-31-2007 10:53 PM

seems like a no-brainer, but did you make sure it wasn't software issues by doing a hard reset?

kaptain86 12-31-2007 10:57 PM

I restarted the phone a few times, not sure how to do a hard reset though..can't turn the phone on because the power button doesn't work.

I had to plug in the charger to get the phone to turn on then when I hit the power button it doesn't shut the screen off it just automatically asks if I want to power down.

stroths 01-01-2008 12:44 AM

Press and hold the two softkeys. While holding those 2 buttons down, press and release the reset button on the bottom of your phone using your stylus. Keep holding the 2 softkeys until you get a gray screen stating that you need to press "R" to hard reset.

This will reset your device to a fresh state which will wipe out any software or changes you have installed.

kaptain86 01-03-2008 09:39 PM

Which two softkeys do you mean, the power and comm manager or something on the keyboard?

Will this erase my contacts list also?

I searched a little, so the soft keys are the two dashes plus hit the reset button on the back does a hard reset.

How do I save my contacts to the storage card or just save them in general? I really don't want to enter in new contacts, I can get rid of everything else though.

Its annoying that the screen doesn't work and the power button only allows for complete shutdown and will not wake the mogul like it should.

johnnychimpo 01-03-2008 10:58 PM

is your screen protector under the frame. That will cause it.

kaptain86 01-03-2008 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnychimpo (Post 154173)
is your screen protector under the frame. That will cause it.

not really sure what you are talking about...

slight update: the power button will wake the device but touch screen still doesn't work.