PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

bcothren is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul and TomTom

I just recently got a TomTom One LE (just couldn't wait for the ROM, and the price was unbeatable), and it supports traffic and weather updates through a BT phone. I can get the TT to see the Mogul, but it doesn't connect. Has anybody been able to get their Mogul to successfully pair with a TomTom One LE? According to TomTom's website, it isn't listed as a certified phone, but not many are. I know of others that have uncertified phones that have been able to get it work, but none of them have the Mogul.

TIA
Old 12-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

krgreiner is a n00b
I got that model for my birthday last month. TomTom tech said absolutely no way for the pairing and traffic to work on Sprint. That was a load of BS.

You need to do the following:

1) Install the .cab file in this .zip on your Mogul: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...5&d=1183677366

2) soft reset the mogul

3) use the following settings to configure the TomTom:

When your PPC 6800 is discovered use the following information:

1. Phone selection - other
2. Carrier selection - other
3. Access point - Sprint PCS Vision
4. Username - (Leave blank)
5. Password - (Leave blank)
When prompted for IP/DNS/DHCP settings select "Automatic"
6. Number to dial - #777
7. Scripts - (Leave blank)

I usually turn off "direct push" when GPSing, but I am not sure whether it is strictly necessary. I have been happily GPSing with traffic updates via BT and the Mogul for a month.

NOTE: These instructions work perfectly for Sprint, other carriers you will need to google a bit to find the proper settings. You need an internet data plan for the traffic updates. The $15 Sprint Vision plan is fine.

KG
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bcothren is a n00b
Thanks! I've installed the CAB on the mogul, but I don't have the TomTom with me (loaned to the parents for a trip). However, I remember when I tried pairing from the TomTom, it found my 6800 by my name "Connect to Brett Cothren?" and I said YES, it tried connecting and then said it couldn't connect. It never gave me any options for phone selection or carrier selection. It just said it wasn't compatible (or something along those lines). Am I missing a step on the TomTom, or will I get those options now that I've installed the CAB file? Also, do you have a link to the Forum that contained that .cab file? I'd like to read up on what the file actually does? As you can tell by my low post count, most all of my issues and questions have been answered in other post. I'm a huge fan of the search button!

Thanks again!
Old 12-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Lurker

krgreiner is a n00b
It adds back Bluetooth Dial Up Networking (BT DUN) to WM6. It seems that MS removed it from WM6 (it existed in WM5 I believe), in favor of Internet Sharing.

The TomTom needs that functionality to pair properly for the Traffic update support.

I found the answer from some judicious Google-fu, it took me about 20 minutes to find and set up. I think I searched Google for tomtom wm6 pairing, or some such. It was a few sites that had enough info to make it happen. xda-developers.com is a good resource, and where that .cab was found.

It works really well, and as I am in the NYC area the traffic service is a godsend. Good luck!

KG
Old 12-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bcothren is a n00b
Thanks for the info again. I did find a very useful thread at xda that contained the cab. How's the weather service? I've read some good and bad things, but the more opinions the better.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Lurker

krgreiner is a n00b
Dunno. I have WeatherPanel on my Mogul, so I don't think I have much use for it. But maybe for a long trip, it would be good to keep abreast of conditions along your route. I think I will have to take a look...

KG
Old 12-22-2007, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Blitzed26 is keeping up the good workBlitzed26 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by krgreiner View Post
I got that model for my birthday last month. TomTom tech said absolutely no way for the pairing and traffic to work on Sprint. That was a load of BS.

You need to do the following:

1) Install the .cab file in this .zip on your Mogul: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...5&d=1183677366

2) soft reset the mogul

3) use the following settings to configure the TomTom:

When your PPC 6800 is discovered use the following information:

1. Phone selection - other
2. Carrier selection - other
3. Access point - Sprint PCS Vision
4. Username - (Leave blank)
5. Password - (Leave blank)
When prompted for IP/DNS/DHCP settings select "Automatic"
6. Number to dial - #777
7. Scripts - (Leave blank)

I usually turn off "direct push" when GPSing, but I am not sure whether it is strictly necessary. I have been happily GPSing with traffic updates via BT and the Mogul for a month.

NOTE: These instructions work perfectly for Sprint, other carriers you will need to google a bit to find the proper settings. You need an internet data plan for the traffic updates. The $15 Sprint Vision plan is fine.

KG

Ok, so I go through all the steps and the % meter counts up to 65%. It then gives me this error. "Unable to set up your wireless data connection. Do you want to change your settings?"
You can see it ends the data connection on the phone, but doesn't dial it back up. It seems like there should be some COM port settings?

Phil
Old 12-22-2007, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

iwillfearnoevil is just getting started
was thinking of picking up the same gps, is the traffic service free?
Old 12-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bcothren is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzed26 View Post
Ok, so I go through all the steps and the % meter counts up to 65%. It then gives me this error. "Unable to set up your wireless data connection. Do you want to change your settings?"
You can see it ends the data connection on the phone, but doesn't dial it back up. It seems like there should be some COM port settings?

Phil
I got the same thing, except mine hung at 55%. What I did to get around it was to disable all the data connections. I used a program called Pocket Toolman 2. It has a data connection tool that lets you configure the DUN and the Sprint connections. I set both to disabled and then I was able to complete the connection.

@jened - If a remeber correctly, the traffic service is about $60 a year, weather is free.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

sogotp is a n00b
Pairing HTC 6800 and TomTom 720

I've loaded the infamous .cab file on my phone, soft reset, then reset the 720 and the 720 still showed no phones available. I've called (never got anyone to respond at TomTom) and written TT, but no reply. I got the 720 for Christmas and want to return it if I can't pair with my 6800 via BT. Anyone ever able to pair the two?

I have been able to fix this issue. Turns out I didn't have the box checked in BT settings on the phone to allow other devices to recognize the phone. Duh! Now I have another issue... Hands free calling works, I can download updates to the TT via the BT, but I don't know how to get free traffic. The only traffic settings I see on the TT are for the plus services. Anyone know how to set the TT to receive traffic and weather info through Sprint? I have the Sprint settings, I just don't know the steps to do this on my TT. Thanks!

Last edited by sogotp; 01-04-2008 at 03:41 PM. Reason: fixed problem

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan