PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 12:28 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnychimpo View Post
Weather panel did that to mine as well. There is a reg tweek that kills the idle connection some where on the forums here.
Its listed in Is there a Reg tweek to shut off idle data connection? and also Reg tweaks [07/15/2007 rev.2]

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to

Last edited by Darkness231; 12-31-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

cuse94 is a n00b
Thanks for the links, Darkness.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

superflysocal is just getting started
Don't know if this is related to the problems you guys are having but in the past few days or weeks I noticed I am having trouble getting internet. I go to IE orhtc weather and it wont do anything. i go to comm manager and manually disconnect and then try again. About 1 in 3 to 5 tries I will get internet and even then it is slow. It is at locations where I use to get internet easily.

Could it be over the holidays Sprint got a bunch of new customers, especially signing up with sero and data, and it is now congested?
Old 12-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
i was having the same issues most of last week too, but now my internet seems back to normal... i thought it could've been a network issue on Sprint's part.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:38 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
Don't know if this is related to the problems you guys are having but in the past few days or weeks I noticed I am having trouble getting internet.
Same thing here. Although the email accounts seem to work fine

Last edited by Darkness231; 12-31-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache

dprout69 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
Don't know if this is related to the problems you guys are having but in the past few days or weeks I noticed I am having trouble getting internet. I go to IE orhtc weather and it wont do anything. i go to comm manager and manually disconnect and then try again. About 1 in 3 to 5 tries I will get internet and even then it is slow. It is at locations where I use to get internet easily.

Could it be over the holidays Sprint got a bunch of new customers, especially signing up with sero and data, and it is now congested?
It's exactly the problem everyone is having... might wanna give sprint a call and refer them to this thread... don't let them convince you its your phone cause its obviously a network thing
Old 12-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mugsymd is a n00b
I'm not running spb weather, but I have a program called epocrates that does auto updates - let me see if I shut off autoupdates that will work.
thank you.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work
Yes, Let Sprint know indeed!!!!!
This problem we all get will really screw us
if it's not fixed prior to the RevA/GPS update release.
Lets put it over at BuzzAboutWireless.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mugsymd is a n00b
Okay - here was the fix - but I don't know for sure which one work - but I think it was my SprintPCS email that was conflicting. After resetting the MSL and ESPT (they gave me my codes and reset things with the "Advanced technician") - and still not really working 100%. Then I mentioned my sprintpcs email on my phone I had reset my password - and that is when my phone did NOT start working all the time. So,..... as the 1 hour phone call went on, the technician then checked my sprintpcs email side of the my account - Guess What - my email system was CORRUPTED - he reset it with the same username and password - and now 24 hours later I AM STILL NOT HAVING a Single problem with the phone - it is working PERFECTLY. Go Figure.
Thanks for all of everyone's input.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan