PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 08:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fasttommyv is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows Live Problem - refuses to sync

Ive been running Windows Live with the 2.17 ROM perfectly fine for about a week. I had the receive email as it arrives option selected. This morning I got up and found out that I didn't get any emails overnight, which I thought was kind of odd. So then I tried to manually Send/Receive. This essentially locked the device, as it just sat there with the loading icon displayed. So I cleared my windows live account and tried to set it up again. On my first few tries, during the initial set up it couldn't find an internet connection, even though I had already connected to #777 by opening up internet explorer. After a few soft resets I finally got it through the set up steps. Now whenever I try to Send/Receive it fails to sync the folder list. My internet/data connection works, and I can manually check my email through internet explorer on my phone. It seems like all of a sudden the windows live program is refusing to find or use the data connection. Does anyone know what is going on? It just seems to have randomly stopped working. I didn't install or change anything. I did have the sprint TV for the mogul installed, which sprint seems to have disabled. Could that have somehow messed with my windows live connection? Regardless, I have uninstalled Sprint TV and it still hasn't fixed the proplem...
Old 12-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Try updating to the latest Windows Live build... I've always had a lot of weird issues like that on the stock version.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff
I'm having the same problem. I singed out and when I go to sign back in it says "Windows live was unable to establish an internet connection. Please check your internet settings and make sure that you have access to data service under you billing plan. If you need help, please contact your mobile service provider" I spent an hour on the phone with a tech and all we got to was to do a hard rest. I haven't yet.

I also am on the new rom and wasn't having any problems until yesterday... I'll try the latest build...

Last edited by wavezero; 12-06-2007 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Nope- Still won't connect
Old 12-07-2007, 12:03 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

fasttommyv is a n00b
Sweet that seemed to have done the trick! Just curious wavezero, did you have the hacked sprintTV installed? I wonder if they somehow disabled some windows live connectivity functions when they disabled sprintTV for mogul users...
Old 12-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff
nope not since I flashed my rom. I saw no point in installing it again. I got a big list from MS on things to try and none worked. I'll just have to suck it up and hard reset. But I really want to find out what the problem is so it doesn't happen again...
Old 12-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sandiegodude is just getting started
Don't hard reset yet!!
Try this:
go to your windows live account, enter "deleted emails " folder, highlight all, click delete, and then try to resync your phone.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

fasttommyv is a n00b
hmm, the new windows live i installed last night worked. But this morning, the same thing happened. It cant sync the folders. So 2 nights in a row, something happened that disabled windows live.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sandiegodude is just getting started
actually, after I manually deleted the files in the "deleted" folder in windows live, my email synced no prob. but now it's failing again. maybe a server issue? anyone elso with other wm6 devices sharing the same problem?

i'm trying to sync with my hotmail acct btw.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
I have had short periods where it won't sync, but it always recovers.

At this point, I'm curious to know what other programs are installed and what configuration changes have been made.

I've read several cases where this has happened and de-linking the account and re-linking it has resolved the issue. I always assumed it was a bug in the stock versions.

Another question-- what kind of usage habits do you have with Windows Live? Are you always mobile or a mobile/desktop mix?
Old 12-08-2007, 07:43 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

fasttommyv is a n00b
its working for me now again. For a good portion of the morining, hotmail was down via the internet. I wonder if they were having some sort of internal server errors that was fixed today... Ill wait and see if it keeps on working

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan