PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Bell PPC 6800
Carrier: Bell

z24's rule is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bell PPC 6800>How to get Video's on Phone

I'm not even to sure what to look for so I haven't and made this, Sorry if it is already out there.

I have a 2 GB card in the phone right now and when I try to put my

1,Flip Sorry skate video 55mins long
2,Top Gear show 58mins long

I've tried To put them in my Video folder with no luck, keeps trying to sync but doesn't.

Have opened up the windows player and drag them and then press sync it comes up error and has a red x beside it.

Says it can't load the file format

Now When I load my 2GB card into the card reader and drag my video it loads it fine but then when I open it on the phone I get.

Can not play this File

Any help at all please

Last edited by z24's rule; 12-29-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Lurker

Buzz_Litebeer is a n00b
Young perhaps?

Here is the likely answer man. In activesync (which I assume is what you are using) hit the "Explore" button on activesync, it will bring up a file explorer like windows explorer.

Then in there go to "My windows mobile based device" and click on it.

then browse to "storage card"

Now this will be on your storage card, create a folder and call it something you will remember, such as "videos"

Now, go to your videos and copy or drag them into the "videos" folder that you have created.

If your videos, awesome as they may be, are encoded in divx or some other non WMV format (IE they do not end in wmv) then you need to go and download a mobile divx player, like TCPMP (the core pocket media player).

I would suggest you get the one associated with FlashVideoBundle 1.4.1 (do a search) on xda-developers.com (i think this is right?) or on google.

After you get that, open TCPMP and go to open file (or some such i dont have my phone running) and browse to your storage card videos folder (or whatever you called it) and open your video, it should run if it is using divx or some other very common codec.

enjoy!
Old 12-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

z24's rule is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz_Litebeer View Post
Young perhaps?

Here is the likely answer man. In activesync (which I assume is what you are using) hit the "Explore" button on activesync, it will bring up a file explorer like windows explorer.

Then in there go to "My windows mobile based device" and click on it.

then browse to "storage card"

Now this will be on your storage card, create a folder and call it something you will remember, such as "videos"

Now, go to your videos and copy or drag them into the "videos" folder that you have created.

If your videos, awesome as they may be, are encoded in divx or some other non WMV format (IE they do not end in wmv) then you need to go and download a mobile divx player, like TCPMP (the core pocket media player).

I would suggest you get the one associated with FlashVideoBundle 1.4.1 (do a search) on xda-developers.com (i think this is right?) or on google.

After you get that, open TCPMP and go to open file (or some such i dont have my phone running) and browse to your storage card videos folder (or whatever you called it) and open your video, it should run if it is using divx or some other very common codec.

enjoy!
you said I was young???

First Smartphone and thought I should get into the 2007

The files are AVI

But what you just said about the dragging thing Is that not what I was trying in the windows player though.

I will look into all this

I'm having a problem with my 2 GB card right now, right after I made this topic I tried to put in the card and now it won't open for me to delete my Top Gear video.

Can't see it in my removal able devices either
Old 12-29-2007, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

rawr is a n00b
if you install the flash video bundle and tcpmp, you should have no trouble watching Top Gear on YouTube.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

z24's rule is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawr View Post
if you install the flash video bundle and tcpmp, you should have no trouble watching Top Gear on YouTube.
What is TCPMP???>link please???

Also do you have link to FlashVideoBundle 1.4.1

Also Do I have to encode it first and then put the top gear video in my videos.

Or Do I install this flash video thing on the phone and put my top gear on my Card and then go from there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan