PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2007, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo, Palm Pre, Galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

glidersgalore is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to glidersgalore
Verizon takes care of customers better than Sprint

We all know of the problems wit hour phones, well As most know Verizon released the Voyager, not a smart phone, but still a good phone....from reading. But anyway, the reason for this is that in the short time the phone has been out, Verizon heard of several problems, and already released an update to fix it. Here is a thing from Phonescoop.com

In response to user complaints regarding certain aspects of the LG Voyager's functionality, LG and Verizon have issued a firmware update that promises to fix many of the problems. Among the improvements are: prolonged battery life, better support for Bluetooth functions, improved HTML and mobile web browsing and fixes to glitches such as the auto lock, and the V CAST Music store. The update is not available over the air. Customers need to go to a Verizon store in order to have the devices reflashed. Verizon recommends calling ahead to see if your local store has the update before going there.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:19 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Sadly as you said your comparison is off, the Voyager isnt a smartphone. Sprint issues the same, the Upstage is a perfect example and those were OTA.

Not to mention you pay the highest premium in the nation for the big V.

You'd have been better off saying their CS was better.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: w
Carrier: f

jph8tr is a n00b
Considering how long Verizon takes to release a phone, there shouldn't be any need for quick fixes! They're what, 9 months behind Sprint in releasing the 6800? Is the 6800 appreciably more reliable than the Mogul? Verizon may have somewhat better customer service reps and a better network (which Sprint users shares, thank you), but Sprint has SERO which saves me a boat load of $$$ over Verizon. I recently switched from Verizon to Sprint and I haven't seen a bit of difference between services. Verizon didn't care about me and neither does Sprint! BTW, from past experience I'd have a tough time deciding between going to a company store to get my phone flashed and having root canal. Root canal is usually quicker!
Old 12-29-2007, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

otacon72 is a n00b
I thought about going to Verizon but their plans are so overpriced it's rediculous. I've been with Sprint for years now and every so often I'll ask them to discount something and they always have. The $109 plan I'd need with Verizon to match everything I have costs me $50 with Sprint. The only thing not unlimited on my plan is of course the mins...which I have 1000AT... I'm staying with Sprint... I live in the Boston area and travel all the way to Provincetown with my job and I always have signal everywhere along the trip.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:23 AM
Lurker

keefin is a n00b
I agree, VerHIGHzon will break your wallet.

I'd rather deal with a few bugs than be pay more each month and have to endure delayed, crippled devices.

And for the record, there isn't a carrier in the WORLD who "cares" about it's customers, the front line people are the customer service employees, and yeah, u got a few good cust service reps, depending on how much they make per hour/their work enviroments will determine who has the "best customer service". And yes I have worked at T-Mobile and yes they have the best work environment. It's all about the money. These are businesses, not non-profit organizations....Anything else they try and make u believe is a marketing scheme.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy
I have to say alltel is a great company, VZ is a bunch of bitches, can't even teather ur 6800 with BT you have to use the usb cable.. WTF.. I have asked VZ store reps if when they go open market if this will change none know yet all have refered me to tech support.. lol

Will
Old 12-30-2007, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

iwillfearnoevil is just getting started
I think most people know verizon has better customer service...i'm with sprint for sero only...it's taken me over 25 phone calls to sprint and probably 12 hours for them to replace my mogul with bad tochscreen in first 30 days and it's still not resolved yet...
Old 12-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
I'm sorry, but hasn't Sprint released multiple updates for the Mogul now? Granted, they've had their issues (we have no evidence the Voyager updates don't have problems, too), but if you're talking about Verizon releasing updates for problems as though Sprint hasn't, you're way off.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan