PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 10:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
i dont care what anyone says. these ppc all have a pda first, phone second problem. i have had too many ppc's with the same issues. i am thinking of leaving windows mobile all toghether due to this. these devices are great but not perfect. i need a phone first and just cant rely on them.

the thing with palm os is it resets it self all the time. when ever there is a problem. the good thing is it will always recieve the call. windows mobile will freeze when there is a problem. i find my phone froze with a dsod weekly. at this time i will not be able to recieve anything. calls, sms, emal, ect. i know all the things that can call this and have done everything. i ran my devices completely stock with ctock rom for a while and still had problems. no sd card even installed. swaped for a new one and it happened agian with in the first week. and this dsod is just one of the wm problems. i have had the call go straight to voicemail as well. what are we never to have things like weather apps or email getting data just incase we ever go in to a 1x area. never walk into a building, drive under a long bridge, walk into a basement?

i have a buddy in the service and repair department. he will swap my phone for me anytime i want. i have had the mogul swaped 3 times before i got the touch. the touch has been swaped out as well. i am on my second one now. i had the 700wx for a while and it seemed to be the better of the three. palm does do the best with windows mobile. i am going to get the treo 800w with windows mobile when it comes out and give it one more try. if that dont work i am going to blackberry.

i will always love windows mobile and all the things you can do with it. all the apps and hacks. great forums as well. it's just that i make and recieve 1000 calls a month and the phone is the most important. i will not carry two devices.

cody

Last edited by codyppc; 12-30-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Another consideration: Do NOT install Schap's Advanced Configuration 1.1 or earlier on a Sprint Mogul, because it inadvertently changes a registry setting by mistake (I haven't checked to see if he's updated it) that causes it to not drop the data connection and results in missed calls.

In any case, personal opinion here and not trying to offend, but I think if you're an advanced enough user to be messing about with custom ROM's that you should be advanced enough to do some troubleshooting to identify what the cause of the problem is rather than post some unclear rant on here about why you're switching phones. It's misleading to other people, because it makes people think there is an actual problem with the phone (not saying it's perfect, but missing calls definitely ISN'T on the list of issues).

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 12-30-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
I have a friend who got a defective 6800 which would intermittently become bugged and receive incoming calls, but not audibly ring or vibrate resulting in a missed call. He tried everything & even tried my personal unreleased 6800 rom but it was a hardware issue and he had to get it replaced to fix the problem. I don't know if you're having a similar issue or a different situation.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

jayweezie21 is keeping up the good workjayweezie21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jayweezie21
maybe your friends arent really calling you but just say they are HA....
Old 12-31-2007, 04:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rdzlyz is a n00b
maybe i shud go to the sprint repair store and have it swapped
Old 12-31-2007, 05:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: cricket

bunvilla is keeping up the good workbunvilla is keeping up the good work
Talking

LOL jayweezie , LMAO !

But seriously, there are valid points being made/ the PPC 's are a combo of PDA/MP3/Flash DRV/Ipod/Computer/camera/video recorder/mini PSP and last but not least a Phone. I was lookin for a Dell Axim when I was turned on to the 6700, And thought Kewl its everything a Axim is but makes calls. Now we all know how poor the sound is with the 6700, but true techie geeks like myself didnt and still dont caRE about that part a whole lot (that and we have no life) but its the challenge to over come these issues that keep our interests/ But there are those who communicate alot and like to have some of the neat lil features the phone has , but the phone part comes first then the neat features/ And yes these PPC are not for the average joe because there is alot of upkeep and really technical crap that goes along with owning 1/ So without going on forever, It might be the better thing to do is get a phone with a better track record for being a phone/ Now the true geeks like me and u know who u r, would never think of giving up on such a device because it drops a call or 2, or the volume is to low etc. becuase the other things that a PPC does, outway the inconvience of a low volume /blue tooth/ missed call issue. and that is y PPCGEEKS rocks, because its a place where we can share our passion and not feel out of place.
PPC 's are like hotrods, they are kool and all but u will be under the hood alot fixing them , so if that is not your idea of fun then get a moped.(oops did i say that out loud) just kidding but u might want to get a 4dr honda sedan instead/ yes i am drunk by the way, my spelling shows it.
but anyways I luv this forum atmosphere and u guys have a happy new
Old 12-31-2007, 05:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rdzlyz is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunvilla View Post
LOL jayweezie , LMAO !

But seriously, there are valid points being made/ the PPC 's are a combo of PDA/MP3/Flash DRV/Ipod/Computer/camera/video recorder/mini PSP and last but not least a Phone. I was lookin for a Dell Axim when I was turned on to the 6700, And thought Kewl its everything a Axim is but makes calls. Now we all know how poor the sound is with the 6700, but true techie geeks like myself didnt and still dont caRE about that part a whole lot (that and we have no life) but its the challenge to over come these issues that keep our interests/ But there are those who communicate alot and like to have some of the neat lil features the phone has , but the phone part comes first then the neat features/ And yes these PPC are not for the average joe because there is alot of upkeep and really technical crap that goes along with owning 1/ So without going on forever, It might be the better thing to do is get a phone with a better track record for being a phone/ Now the true geeks like me and u know who u r, would never think of giving up on such a device because it drops a call or 2, or the volume is to low etc. becuase the other things that a PPC does, outway the inconvience of a low volume /blue tooth/ missed call issue. and that is y PPCGEEKS rocks, because its a place where we can share our passion and not feel out of place.
PPC 's are like hotrods, they are kool and all but u will be under the hood alot fixing them , so if that is not your idea of fun then get a moped.(oops did i say that out loud) just kidding but u might want to get a 4dr honda sedan instead/ yes i am drunk by the way, my spelling shows it.
but anyways I luv this forum atmosphere and u guys have a happy new
daz hella funny i do have a 4dr honda sedan lol lol but i guess ill keep it
Old 12-31-2007, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo baby
Carrier: sprint

ricchini2007 is becoming a great contributor
slot cycle index, change to 1. this works great
Old 12-31-2007, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

ViPaDawG is just getting started
i had problems even after changing to 1.

so be aware that it's not a cure-all solution, works for some, not for others. not trying to be an ass, just trying to point it out.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rdzlyz is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricchini2007 View Post
slot cycle index, change to 1. this works great

mine is on SCI 0

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan