PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 05:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: sprint

pflatlyne is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Manually change your PRL

I had a problem and I suspected it was due to the updated PRL. The latest ROM update contained 60610 and the one on my phone was 60611. I noticed that the rom updates come with a cab that looks like it updates the PRL. I put the rom on a microsd card and ran it from the phone. It installed the PPST program to my phone. I then went to the windows directory and there was a ppst executable there,along with the PRL file,named 60611.prl . (You will also see this name in the xml file in the cab) I ran PPST,and it installed the PRL and prompted me to reboot. After reboot it reprovisioned the data services and the phone now shows 60611.

Be carefull doing this however,I dont know how to get back to 60611. Presumably sprint can make this happen,but I think they think I have the latest PRL. It prompted me to upgrade the last time I called sprint,so I doubt it will do it again.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thanks for the info. One of the ROMs or kitchens I used on my 6800 also reverted my phone to PRL 60610. I found 60611 here: http://www.corolada.com/prl/ and got it reloaded.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Here's a weird one for you. 60610 - When the phone is on SID 4159 it searches for SprintPCS EVDO first then Alltel EVDO, even though it is on Sprint 1X for voice as we don't have Sprint EVDO here, Alltel provides the EVDO. If you go to an area without Sprint 1X it will pick up Alltel 1X for voice and Alltel EVDO. Just like it is supposed to. Now go to 60611 and when you roam on Alltel 1X for voice it only uses Alltel 1X for data. They removed the Alltel EVDO search when roaming!

I'll just hang on to 60610 and re-upload it myself as needed or maybe one day figure out how to re-add channel 73 EVDO search when roaming on SID 85.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

sheureka is just getting started
I have 60611 on my Touch and regularly roam on Alltel EVDO. Both Sprint and Alltel only have 1x where I live, but about 20 miles away Alltel has EVDO. - sheureka
Old 12-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Apparently they messed up on SID 85. I can force roaming on 60610 and it roams with EVDO on Alltel. If I force with 60611, it roams on Alltel but only 1X.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: cricket

bunvilla is keeping up the good workbunvilla is keeping up the good work
Smile

I just thought i would mention this for the people who might not know how to load the prl manually, it could come in handy 1 day.
First get the PRL that u need and load it up on your phone in the my documents folder or any folder that is in the my document folder.
It appears that when u get a browser window to go to the PRL file when manually loading it up/ u can only search within the MYdocument folder on phone and have no access to sd mem card.
So now that u have loaded the PRL of chioce u go and dial ##775# (it might very slightly from one carrier or another) u might try ##775 etc until u get access to the prl section/ the 775 part i know is right just how many #'s can differ iv expierenced. U will need your MSL or SPC code to get access. Once in just hold down the stylus and wait for the edit option to come up and the select the browse option and away u go. hit ok once u have selected the PRL and u will be ask to reset and u r done
Old 12-30-2007, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

pflatlyne is a n00b
OMG that site is sweet. I bookmarked it. Every PRL you could ever want.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan