PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 02:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermountain Trust View Post
It seems the below statement is one you would prefer to ignore.

The fact is if you "drain your battery dead then fully recharge" you will kill a Li-ion type battery in short order this is a matter of fact. Frankly you would have had possibly thousands of individuals doing just this and killing their batteries prematurely. If you have any facts to the contrary please post them with a link to your research.

Nothing was taken for granted, misunderstood or taken out of context. You simply prefer to ignore what you had previously stated breaking down a post and explain it away so as to make it appear you knew what you were talking about.

The fact there are only so many cycles is not in question nor has it been. If you optimally get 1000 charging cycles from a Li-ion type battery and you plugged it in twice a day to charge you would end up with approximately 1 year 4 months of life from your battery. I personally ended up with 1 year 11 months from my latest battery before it started to show the effects from aging but i still did not have to replace the battery, i simply replaced my phone at the 2 year mark. (There are some factors concerning this that i will make another post about.)

The below quote is from Mr. Isidor Buchmann website

"With gelled electrolyte added, what then is the difference between Li‑ion and Li‑ion polymer? Although the characteristics and performance of the two systems are very similar, the Li‑ion polymer is unique in that the solid electrolyte replaces the porous separator. The gelled electrolyte is simply added to enhance ion conductivity."

Please post any factual findings you have regarding your statement with a link to your research.

Lets cut to the chase here....

I am starting to see your personal pride issues.
Regardless of how you spin and try to explain away your initial statement it is still crystal clear. You do not need to deny it. You jumped to conclusions, made assumptions with Li-ion type batteries and got called on it.

I have read several of your posts in other threads, your earlier post is exactly in character for you. However in this case you were presented with the facts at which time you chose to explain away your post with items that were never really in question. Why should we take you seriously when you choose to ignore your first statement and solely concentrate on items that were never in question to begin with?

IT
Wow Intermountain Trust is this a thread about battery technologies or your personal forum to attack me?

I could have sworn the title was "Li-ion Type Battery's For Dummies And The Otherwise Misinformed" and not "Intermountain Trusts Personal Rant against CanoSpinach".

Again according to the forum rules a thread based on attacking another member would clearly be a violation. See #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
4. No Flaming anyone, we are all friends.

Just follow these few simple rules and enjoy!
I will not dignify your personal attacks with any response other than this.

I want you to know, its ok. I dont hold it against you.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:38 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ok there is some good info in here, but the personal attacks/ranting are increasing and the additional info is dwindling thread closed.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan