PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6800
Carrier: None

my80chevette is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What do I need??

I have the following. A Sprint PPC6800 with rom 3.35.651.2 from 2/22/08; My computer is a Dell with Window 7. I have the Windows Mobile Device Center installed and have been able to move files to and from the ppc using the usb port. I bought the 6800 to mess with and try to use it as a small media player and to play a few games to pass time at work when things are slow. I was hoping to get the wifi and gps to work without the phone being necessary. The ppc seems to have all the hardware and most of the software I need but of course I can't access all of it. I dont really care about updating the OS or UI but would be okay if it increases the usability. So far I have looked through quite a few pages on both here and the xda site without finding just what I am looking for. I have tried several different methods of getting my "phone" to do what I want but without much success. I have tried the HTC TiTAn Sprint update rom; 3.56.651.0 , but it failed and gave the " can not update this device" error. I have installed the HTCPlus add on and Home Screen plus plus. Any help as on what to install next or ideas on a better rom to install to meet my needs would be great!! I have a couple other PDA/Phones coming in so I am not afraid to experiment with this one and I am also willing to try other OSes if necessary. Thanks for the help guys!!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: What do I need??

Quote:
Originally Posted by my80chevette View Post
I have the following. A Sprint PPC6800 with rom 3.35.651.2 from 2/22/08; My computer is a Dell with Window 7. I have the Windows Mobile Device Center installed and have been able to move files to and from the ppc using the usb port. I bought the 6800 to mess with and try to use it as a small media player and to play a few games to pass time at work when things are slow.
Hey my80chevette! You should be able to perform those tasks with no problems with the Shipped Rom.
Quote:
I was hoping to get the wifi and gps to work without the phone being necessary.
Those features should be functioning already.
Quote:
The ppc seems to have all the hardware and most of the software I need but of course I can't access all of it.
What are you trying to access?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

my80chevette is a n00b

Everytime I try to use the Wifi or access the Gps the phone attempt to dial Sprint. If I stop that the phone notifies me that there is no data session and wont open any web pages. The GPS also activates a call to sprint and wont function either. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I dont know what else to do. Any help would be great!!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:07 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

The phone sounds defective to me. I doubt sprint would even service it. Might be time to consider a newer phone.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by my80chevette View Post
Everytime I try to use the Wifi or access the Gps the phone attempt to dial Sprint. If I stop that the phone notifies me that there is no data session and wont open any web pages. The GPS also activates a call to sprint and wont function either. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I dont know what else to do. Any help would be great!!
I see. Open your COM Manager and turn off data and turn on WiFi. Now what do you get?
Old 12-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

my80chevette is a n00b

Okay I believe that the antenna that is used for the wifi and gps is not working. I tried 3 different areas that have free wifi and my home wifi and none were picked up by the phone. I think I am going to tear down the phone and check out any defects I can find. Working or not I will still have fun messing with it. I will report back what I find!!
Old 12-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Sorry you are still having problems there. Before you go tearing into your device, did you make sure the hard WiFi switch is ON?

Old 12-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

my80chevette is a n00b

Yeah I had everything switched on, Lol! I took the outside casing off and am looking for the internal antennae. Is it the strip of metal on the inside of the backside case or deeper in?? I also noticed what looks like and external antennae jack up my the speaker.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

my80chevette is a n00b

Funny thing... while I was writing the previous post the Wifi came on and worked for about 10 minutes. It is now not working again but seem as if I have a ground or bad chip issue. Darn!!
Old 12-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Humm... Well, that is a bummer. I guess it has been a learning process. Let us know if you get it figured out there!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan