PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2007, 04:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

natose is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Major Technical Difficulties with the Mogul

Ok guys, I need some help in a big way here. My phone is experiencing some serious technical difficulties. Here is what I have done and what the phone is doing.
• Cube – Yellow - was installed until about 3 weeks ago
• TouchFlo – was installed until about 3 weeks ago.
• Audio Manager – installed
• HTC Home Yellow icons - installed
• HTC Action Screen - installed
• Yellow Quick Launcher – Installed
• PocketCM – Installed
• Kaiser Comm Manager (10 button) – installed
• PPCGeeksMMS.cab – installed
• TestTodayPlugin – installed
• Wizard_reTouched_Dialer – installed
• PHMRegEdit – installed

I had some trouble getting the cube working correctly, mainly because I did not realize I needed to slide my finger up the screen to activate. Somehow I uninstalled the MMS application which was on the phone when I bought it. The MMS worked fine out of the box (I’ve other posting saying the Sprint Mogul does not come with MMS (Kansas mine did)) I installed a few different versions and apps that I decided not to use, so I uninstalled them using the uninstaller on the phone.

After about a week, I noticed that the phone was just too slow for my comfort and I uninstalled the Cube-yellow and TouchFlo. Over the past two weeks I noticed some odd things with the phone here and there. Today, I am not longer able to listen to music via Shoutcast.com, I get a error message indicating that the phone is not able to download this type of file. This worked weeks ago. I then noticed that when I plugged the phone into the computer, I then got an error message indicating that the phone was unable to sync with the PC. Also, the phone is extremely slow when pulling up text and email. I even saw the screen turn yellow at one point and had to reboot to get the screen back to blue.I also noticed that I am not able to “Move, copy, edit, delete, or transfer files from the phone, not even to the memory card. I get a message indicating that the file can not be … make sure the disk is not full or the file may be in use. I have rebooted many times, turned the phone off for hours, and even removed the battery for a while. No luck resolving the issue at this time.

I would like to copy the PIM file to save my contacts and then restore the factory defaults. The only registry edit that I have made was the edit for the PPCGeeksMMS to allow for editing of the server IP address, which I did not change. Also, I am unable to delete any of the above applications because they no longer show up as applications that are installed. When I go into setting/remove apps, the box is blank as if there are zero apps installed. This too worked a couple of weeks ago. It seems as if I have a virus which is taking control over the phone.

My apologies for this being so long, but I am out of ideals and I want to get my phone working right without taking it to the PCS store.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

Intermountain Trust is starting in the wrong direction
First try a hard reset, this will reset your device to original factory settings. this is found on page 40 of your getting started guide. back up your contacts before you do this as you will loose that info. this is one major reason i use Outlook as it syncs every time i connect with my computer.

Second while i may not be able to help you first thing anyone will need is what ROM are you using?

Last edited by Intermountain Trust; 12-29-2007 at 06:30 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:04 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
have you deleted temp files? it almost sounds like your out of room.

have you tried s-ktools to check your registry for invalid (leftover) entries?

find ppcpim backup, or htc backup, or sbpbackup and do a backup (save on your card) and do a hard reset.

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 12-29-2007, 08:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q9c
Carrier: sprint

1oddmanout is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 1oddmanout
The program ClearTemp will delete temp files ad check the registry also. Free DL.

http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/fullmovie.php
Old 12-29-2007, 10:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody
I agree with all of the previous post, these all factors in determining what your issue might be. However, I have had simular problems on my mogule, but what I am noticing is after I hard reset the phone I stop installing after market applications and the phone works normally like it's suppose too. I have all my software programs stored in my storage card waiting for the New firmware upgrade for the mogule. When I flash the new ROM I'll try the programs then, but the Mogule appears to be allergic to several after market applications. Here is a list of Apps. that caused functionality issues:

- HTC Home Plugin
- HTC Home Customizer
- Pocket Breeze
- Cube Yellow
- Wisbar Advance 3 (WAD2 works fine)
- Wisbar Advance Desktop

The functioning errors you articulate are very simular to what I experience.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

Lisaweb is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddbody View Post
I agree with all of the previous post, these all factors in determining what your issue might be. However, I have had simular problems on my mogule, but what I am noticing is after I hard reset the phone I stop installing after market applications and the phone works normally like it's suppose too. I have all my software programs stored in my storage card waiting for the New firmware upgrade for the mogule. When I flash the new ROM I'll try the programs then, but the Mogule appears to be allergic to several after market applications. Here is a list of Apps. that caused functionality issues:

- HTC Home Plugin
- HTC Home Customizer
- Pocket Breeze
- Cube Yellow
- Wisbar Advance 3 (WAD2 works fine)
- Wisbar Advance Desktop

The functioning errors you articulate are very simular to what I experience.
Me too. I've installed all these that you have listed above on my xv6800 except for Pocket Breeze, and my phone is really wigging out. Esp after I installed/uninstalled WA2 and then installed WA3. The weirdest problem now is that my volume bar suddenly developed a mind of it's own and moves to level zero without a stylus! I've uninstalled WA3 but the problem remains. Ugh.

I'm going to try a registry cleaner first, but if that doesn't work, I'll be forced to do a hard set.

Question: What are the advantages of installing programs to the card? Don't they still affect the registry?
Old 12-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP

benoldcrap is a n00b
I don't about all of your problems, but programs not showing up in the remove programs box is apparently an issue with FTouchFlo. I was having the same problem. I haven't found a solution as of yet other then to hard reset...which should hopefully take care of the other problems your having too.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

natose is a n00b
Thanks to all for your replies.
The ROM on the phone is the same as it was when I left the store (R:1.32.00; D: 2.09). I have not tried to update the ROM because I am not that advanced and it would be my own fault if I screwed up my phone. I have 72MB of free space on the phone itself. I have PPCPIMBackup on the phone, but I am not confident that it’s working correctly. When I backup my contacts, I choose the option to “Compress.” When I checked the backup (Compressed file) the file is 115k. The previous backup file is 122k. I checked the PIM file and see that its 900k before I try (unsuccessfully) to copy the file to the storage card. After I get the error message that I can not copy the file, I check the size of the PIM file again and see that its now 832k. So I used the PIMBackup again and uncheck the “Compress” option. I create a backup, check that backup and see that it’s only 510k. Where did the other 320K go?

I do sync with my corporate email, so im pretty confident that I’d get those contacts back, but I also have personal contacts as well. These contacts do not appear in my Outlook contacts. The personal contacts (opposed to the corporate) are the ones I’m most concerned about.

In regard to the temp file, I can not delete anything, cant move, copy, or rename anything through the phone. I can’t transfer files from the phone to the PC, cant transfer files from the PC to the computer. I can’t download files on the phone; I get an error that this type of file can not be downloaded. If I remove the memory card and put that into my PC, I can delete to my hearts desire.

I know that a hard reset is inevitable; I just want to be certain that I have all my contacts. I no longer have my old phone so what’s gone would be gone when I need them most. Looks like im going to have to take my chances with the PCS store.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

otacon72 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermountain Trust View Post
First try a hard reset, this will reset your device to original factory settings. this is found on page 40 of your getting started guide. back up your contacts before you do this as you will loose that info. this is one major reason i use Outlook as it syncs every time i connect with my computer....
Outlook has saved my a^& many many times. It is the reason why I started using it since I made the switch a WM based phone. I know there's 1,000 other ways to backup your contacts I'm sure but with Outlook...simple and quick.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

natose is a n00b
OK, so i just checked again and see that my personal contacts are "not" in my Outlook contact list. I sync with the corporate server wirelessly. How do i make the phone sync my personal contact list with my Outlook contact list? Once i get this done i am going to Hard Reset. I am sending this on the Corporqate Laptop from home, but the laptop and the phone will not sync currrently.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan