PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Why Can't I Save, Move or Download Audio / Video / Pix Files in MMS? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14799)

eNNtOXX 12-29-2007 03:33 AM

Why Can't I Save, Move or Download Audio / Video / Pix Files in MMS?

Why is it that I cannot save, move or download a file sent via MMS to my device? :scratch: I have tried every way to move & or save an audio, pix & video file with my Verizon XV6800. I also notice that the option to "Download Message" is grayed out after holding my stylus on the MMS message & the options pop up. I have watched the video, viewed the pix & listened to the audio. ](*,) I cannot find this online, in a forum or get any information from Verizon regarding this. ](*,) I'm sorry to ask this if the MMS HACK .CAB fixes this, I have yet to use a MMS HACK .CAB fix for the MMS issues, but i do receive them without a problem. I would like to save them to my card or move them to a folder so that I can later sync.

Any feedback would be great. I chose to ask this on PPCGeeks because I find that most of the information on this site is form hands on & not "something you saw or read on another site" or "somebody told me" crap.

Thanks in advance :headbang:

Also: When I search for these files, no luck. Any ideas? Thanks!

blazingwolf 12-29-2007 10:59 AM

Open the message. Stop it or after it stops menu should appear in the lower left hand corner. Tap on this and select objects. You should see a list of objects. Tap and hold on the one you wish to save. A pop up menu will appear, select save.

Items saved will go to your My Documents folder (videos save to the My Videos and pictures save to My Pictures).

eehrhard 12-29-2007 01:10 PM

at least you can get mms messages. Us sprint folks have to get the message and go retrieve it from the sprint web interface. Pretty annoying.

eNNtOXX 12-29-2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazingwolf (Post 151093)
Open the message. Stop it or after it stops menu should appear in the lower left hand corner. Tap on this and select objects. You should see a list of objects. Tap and hold on the one you wish to save. A pop up menu will appear, select save.

Items saved will go to your My Documents folder (videos save to the My Videos and pictures save to My Pictures).

:headbang:hey thanks for the reply. i followed your instructions, yet when i either stop or wait for the audio clip to end i click menu -> options & the save option is grayed out. i have tried numerous methods to save or set as ringtone etc. with no luck. any other thoughts? this really sucks considering that much of what you receive you would like to keep. if i could at least locate the files & move them, that would be great. i can't find them on my machine at all other than in the mms.](*,)

blazingwolf 12-29-2007 09:23 PM

Not sure what else to tell you. That is what works on my device. Have you made any changes that could have affected this?

Have you tried it on a fresh device (just hard reset)?