PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2007, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon stock ringers

Anyone know how to get some of the stock verizon ringers back on to the xv6800 after flashing with a cooked rom from dcd's kitchen?

I have "unlocked" my extended rom by making a registry change. Now I can see the extended rom and the files. I'm not really sure what to do at this point though because I can't do anything with the files, they don't do anything. I'm probably just doing something wrong.

The cab files say they install, but no new ringers appear. The autorun file doesn't do anything. I've read several other threads stating that the registry hack I made just "unhides" the extrom, and now I have to unlock it. Anyone got any ideas for what I need to do next?
Old 12-29-2007, 11:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Alltel

korndogg is a n00b
OK, a couple of things.
1) The ringtones aren't stored in extended ROM, they're in the OS ROM.
2) As of yet, someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but there is currently no way to unlock the extended ROM.
You might be able to just pull the files from an official ROM and cook them into a new one, or just put them in My Documents/My Ringers. Either one should be fine.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
how did you get the 6800 ext rom?

Old 12-29-2007, 05:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by korndogg View Post
OK, a couple of things.
1) The ringtones aren't stored in extended ROM, they're in the OS ROM.
2) As of yet, someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but there is currently no way to unlock the extended ROM.
You might be able to just pull the files from an official ROM and cook them into a new one, or just put them in My Documents/My Ringers. Either one should be fine.
1. Yes they are. I have them uploaded to XDA-developers. There are 2 files in the extended ROM that carry them. DefaultRingtone_XBOW and DefaultRingtone.sa. Both are cab files. I opened the cab files and pulled the ringtones out.

2. Can't unlock it seems but you can unhide it and get the cabs and other files.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 12-29-2007, 05:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by friguy3 View Post
how did you get the 6800 ext rom?
The files are loaded on the FTP if you want them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan