PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2007, 04:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: cricket

bunvilla is keeping up the good workbunvilla is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I Got It Please Delete This Post

I have a qwest 6800 mogul, running dcd's 1.67 rom w/radio 147.01
*the problem: I was watching a mp4 movie (at work) and a friend came up to me and wanted to see if he could play the movie on his LG9800 i believe which also supports a micro sd card/ i powered my phone off by holding down the power button till it asked if i want to shut it off / then i removed my sd card and (4gig) and he proceded to put it into his phone/ He then gave me his (2 gig) sd card to see if it would show up on my phone/ He was not able to view my sd card(i think cause it is in a fat32 format) I put his card in my phone and powered it up;
my phone never booted past the black background "HTC smart mobility" screen.
I have tried the following already with no luck:
a) soft reset
b) pulled battery out
c) hard reset
d) performed these things with my SD card in and out
f) i had ALL my programs on the system memory EXCEPT my games, because in case my memory card should fail i still have functionality of my progs.
g) i came home and went into bootloader mode and loaded DCD's ROM again, everything went perfect, BUT i still didnt get past the same screen.
H) ive performed several of these function more than once, no luck.

By the way the friend of mine said that my phone created some files on his sd card( and i think his card is formated in fat16 format, for what its worth.

================================================== ======================
There u have it hopefully ive provided enough info for someone to possibly help, searching the forums for possible answer didnt quite bring up what im expierencing but if someone knows of a post with same info and a resolution im all for u posting it here 4 me.
HELP !!!!!!!! i hate to have to buy another, thank u for ur time

Last edited by bunvilla; 12-28-2007 at 04:58 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:05 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
First I have to ask why you shut your phone off just to remove the sd card? Try to reflash your rom. It would have been a pain in the ass to loose all your info but since you've tried to hard reset it already Either you've lost your data or don't mind. So Recap. you dont have to shut off your phone to remove the sd card, and I believe if you reflash to the newest sprint rom with the 147.01 radio (http://www.america.htc.com/support/m...downloads.html) then flash back to dcd's 1.67 you should be ok.Also Ive seen my phone put files on my sd card. mostly live search saves info to it. Well hope flashing back to the sprint rom first then Dcs fixes your PPC.

Last edited by Lsme420; 12-28-2007 at 09:11 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan