PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 06:19 PM
N00b

51Cards is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
First look: Seidio 3200MaH Battery, 2.5mm adapter, and Pen Sylus

Good day all, hope everyone is having a good holiday.

FedEx delivered my Seidio order today and there are a couple items in there I thought I should comment on.

First off I received one of the first 3200 MaH batteries (sn 0007). Fitment of the battery and the new back-cover are good. The cover matches the colour of my Telus P4000 phone perfectly, however it does not have the texture on the back to aid in gripping the phone. The new cover was a bit of a trick to get on but with a moment or two of fiddling it popped in place securely.The battery really does add a lot of thickness to the phone and with it installed the phone will no longer fit in the stock HTC pouch case. I don't mind this too much as I will only use this battery on those heavy use days and I have another generic pouch it does fit into.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=888

Also I ordered up a 2.5mm earpiece adapter so I could go back to my old Jabra ear-bud/mic headset. (I just can't get to like BT headsets) The adapter itself (link below) is ok BUT if you're considering ordering one of these things you should be aware of one thing. The 11 pin connector that goes into the phone comes out at a 90 degree angle. The problem with this is if you intended to use the stock splitter to also charge the phone at the same time, you can't. The plug on the 2.5mm adapter is bent the "wrong" way and blocks the second port on the splitter making it useless. (see photo in the post below) I am now going to have to look for a different splitter or another headset adapter. I found this quite disappointing since you'd expect the designer of this piece would have tried it on the stock splitter. I don't know why they didn't just make it come out straight. Other than this "fitment issue" the adapter itself works good and it was nice to be able to use the headset again with this phone.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=865

I also picked up a set of retractable stylie with the pens in them. Quite nice, they fit very snug into the phone, and they extend out longer than the stock stylus. Only downside was that the first one in the pack seems to be dried up and no amount of scribbling made it work as a pen. The other two seem to work great though and it'll be nice to know I have a pen on me at all times. Also I find that the fact that they extend longer makes them much nicer to use than the stock one.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=835

Just some early thoughts on my shipment in case anyone else is looking for the same items. When I have had a chance to see the battery life on this new battery I'll post up an addition. Right now it's charging

Last edited by 51Cards; 12-27-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:31 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

51Cards is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Here is a really crappy picture of the problem with the 2.5 mm adapter and the stock splitter. You get the idea though... (and no, that plug can't go in the other way or on the other side )

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan