PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 06:59 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
I had TEP on my 6700 and it dropped on a tile floor about a week ago. It would boot from a hard reset but freeze on a soft reset. I took it to the Sprint store, the tech took it to the back for about five minutes, and walked back with a new 6800 at no charge.
Nice... I skipped tep (woulda been total investment of $91 so far at $7/mo, right?) and for $57 they are replacing my 6700 with borked audio jack for a 6800. Seems like a wash.

I've been playing with my new ipod touch for a few days... I think the mogul will be a wifi AP for that puppy a lot of the time
Old 12-28-2007, 12:53 AM
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Well, I picked mine up...

Now I need a new case, new headphones, and a new storage card

It's got the old(er) 2.09 rom on it, but it seem ok
Doing a lot of the same tweaks from the 6700 speeded it up nicely
With such a large internal store, looks like a custom rom is less necessary (but I still look forward to the kitchen - seems like there is one (pre) released over at XDA...

Overall, not bad. Still miss the old gray mare.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
i got a mogul to replace my 6700
i'm happy with it. hell, i even like the stock leather case that comes with the mogul.
it's not much smaller, but it feels nicer, has more buttons which i like, i love the slider and no antenna, and i love the keyboard illumination.
as far as i'm concerned, they pretty much improved upon every shortcoming of the 6700.
it's very sexy
Old 12-28-2007, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Anton2006 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I just went from the 6700 to the 6800, the only downside so far is not having a refined kitchen like the apache has. The 6800 is much thinner, seems to have better battery life, and extra buttons. The only thing I don't like about it is that it feels taller, but the lack of external antenna makes up for that. Sliding the 6800 keyboard out is a treat, and is much easier to use with one hand. Also, the 6800 feels faster overall. The scroll wheel, hardware wifi switch, and comm manager controls are also very useful.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:43 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Thanks for all the replies, guys.....you're making my decision VERY easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
I am about to have a forced upgrade (my 6700 died, mogul is the replacement offered by sprint)

How did you get a "deal/offer" from sprint to upgrade? I still have one 6700 activated (we bought his & hers units )
well, it's a long story, so I'll try not to get to winded. It all started when I called migrations to migrate to their new billing system (everyone will be migrated eventually, and I do like the new system, more options, choices, flexability on the users end). When they migrated me, they hosed up the account, totally different plan (old one wasnt available), didn't put on power vision ( so I racked up casual usage), extend the contract on all 4 phones for a fresh 2 yrs (my biggest gripe).

Anyways, I called CS, got some of the issues corrected, but not all. Now I knew about the Fee changes that's gonna take place in Jan, and I knew that gave me an out on my contract, so I spoke to retentions to see if they could offer a good retention plan, they were of no help, just wanted to argue about how great the plan I had was....please. So then I emailed ecare & told them outright how pissed I was & metioned the new fees & that if they didn't get my account fixed, I was gone!

Emailed a guy @ ecare back & forth for about a week, for the most part he got everything straightened out, fixed the contract date, got alot of bonus minutes, free texting & discounted power vision, plus $200 off a new phone. My son broke his Katana a couple weeks ago, so I had to activate a real old phone temporarily. This was really the only phone we were looking to upgrade. Out of the blue, I get a call from someone from Sprint yesterday, making sure ecare took care of everything. I told him pretty much all was good, but their system is still flawed. My contract date when I view it online still shows 2 new yrs, so the system wont let me upgrade & get the $150 rebates or online specials. The notes on my account show the real contract date, and to get the $200 off from ecare, I'd have to pay retail @ a Sprint store, then ecare could credit my account. So the guy says he can give me a better discount, I had mentioned my son was looking to upgrade to a similar phone like i had. He asked if I would be interested in a Mogul, I said for how much, he said one time deal....$150. So I asked if could would extend that offer to my line too, he said yes. I wasn't expecting a call from Sprint, but very glad they did.

sorry for the long post
Old 12-29-2007, 12:08 PM
morsus mihi

Well, it's been a couple days now on the mogul

(uh - it's running 2.09something with 1.3something radio, so it's not on the most current OS yet)

general impressions - Not bad:

- It's no worse then the 6700 running wm6 memory-wise
- speed - actually pretty good, unless it goes into modo slowdown mode for unknown reasons
- battery life (especially talking on the phone) much better
- wifi speed - seems much better
- bt was OK for me (bt stereo and handsfree)
- internal store being 100+mb larger is very nice
- 2gb microsd was cheaper then the 2gb minisd I bought 18 months ago for the 6700

Setting up a non-kitchen device SUCKS - I am really used to just having my environment THERE on hard reset, this whole "installing apps" thing is a PITA

I like the size of it vs the 6700.

Off-topic comment - I also got an ipod touch for xmas (technically, I won it in a raffle - 8GB for free, not half bad) jail broke it (ie, unlocked it from Apple's stupid 'hey lets protect people from themselves' mode), installed all the iphone goodies and various low-level fun stuff on it, and generally have used it as both a PDA/wireless device and media player and, er, it's pretty nifty. If not for the crappy wireless data and being stuck with AT&T (ie, if sprint sold it, and it had evdo) I'd be getting an iphone today. Yeah. Its really pretty good. Sigh. Damn you Apple.

Last edited by schettj; 12-29-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:55 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
went to a sprint store today, wife wanted to look @ the touch. looks like she's gonna go w/ the treo or centro....WM just to much for her, lol.

boy, I really liked the touch, I'll probably still go w/ the mogul, but the form factor of the touch is awesome, too bad no keyboard or wifi.

Last edited by OMJ; 12-29-2007 at 02:12 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan