PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2007, 04:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

akijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
gmail thru imap: emails are blank

i setup my gmail account in poutlook to use imap and i seem to be able to do everything okay except some of the emails i recieve are blank as if the body isn't being downloaded. this has occurred on both emails that were small enough to be completely downloaded and emails that were large enough to require my permission to download the full body.

any help is greatly appreciated
Old 12-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul

sheffield is a n00b
I have the same problem, and would like to find a solution as well. My workaround has been to use the gmail java client to read mail, while still having the poutlook account set up so I get notified when new maill arrives.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
I also have this issue, didn't make a difference for me switching between HTML/Text either.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

akijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good work
this is a bump
Old 12-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
why not just use pop or better yet use mail2web.com
Old 12-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
This is an ongoing problem on Google's end. Read about it near the bottom of the page here: https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...86&topic=12814
Old 12-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Noob
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeurx View Post
why not just use pop or better yet use mail2web.com
Well, IMAP is way better than POP. It keeps your email on the server, making it easier to synchronize and stuff. And exchange sucks. The only downside to IMAP is the HTML not working. <3 my IMAP.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Well, IMAP is way better than POP. It keeps your email on the server, making it easier to synchronize and stuff. And exchange sucks. The only downside to IMAP is the HTML not working. <3 my IMAP.
Is it just an IMAP issue then? Because if it is I have no issues switching to POP.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Noob
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Yes. As far as I know, the problem is only with IMAP.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

nofx513 is a n00b
good to know I'm not the only one. I deleted my account off my phone because it annoyed me...will wait until the kinks are worked out. Just will check it the old fashioned way.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan