PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2007, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tc3jg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tc3jg
people say they have BT issues with the mogul

Now ok i have been reading on this forum for a while now and I have found out that people complain about the bluetooth on the mogul.

The problem i am having is what exactly is the problem with the bluetooth and the mogul. are users not being able to pair via bluetooth send files via bluetooth or what?.

I have had two moguls and the bluetooth worked one both i was able to pair my head set easily and able to send files with my apple computer through the bluetooth file exchange and send things from the mogul to my MAC.

So what other problems with blue tooth could there be because i dont see any real issues with either one of the phones i had regarding bluetooth?
I think this thread is going to answer alot of questions after it gets started.

PEace..
J.g
Old 12-26-2007, 09:41 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3jg View Post
....I think this thread is going to answer alot of questions after it gets started.

PEace..
J.g
The problem is audio quality - it has been the subject of a gazillion threads and posts here, @pdaphonehome, @baw, @sprintusers, @xda-developers. Over the last 6 months. With 2.08, 2.09, 2.16 and even 2.17 (better, but still a problem for many).

How could you have possibly missed it? :=)
Old 12-26-2007, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tc3jg is a n00b
I have come across that a few times but is that seriously it?....now being that this is my first bt phone i dont know the difference but when you say quality is that it being choppy or is it not loud enough because thats a pretty broad word. thanks. but yeah i am part of all those forums also.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
i haven't had a problem with the bluetooth audio. the sound quality is crap, but comparatilvely speaking, it is no worse for me than the 6700 was which is also crap.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TardoPro
Carrier: Boost

yakky is a n00b
The range sucks (signal degrades past 3 feet), the sound is very muffled and muddy. This is probably my fifth or sixth phone with BT, even the first one, the Moto V600, had better BT and it was made YEARS ago.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
I had issues with Bluetooth with the original ROM.... with DCD's I have not had a single instance of my BT connection dropping.

Try a custom ROM.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tc3jg is a n00b
humm so you all have problems with the range? i can walk away from my phone a good 10 feet and it still be clear walk another ten then it may start to muffle. guess i am going to have to try it with another phone to see the difference.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Holy crap, after reading about all of the bt problems I purposely purchased a cheap $5.00 bt to test it out and I had to keep the pda on the side of my earpiece or there would be too much static. It sounded completely muffled too.

I just tested it again today and it seems that 2.17 fixed all the issues that I had so I'm happy that some work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Lurker

essidle is a n00b
I'm in the same boat, zero BT problems with my Mogul.

I use two A2DP devices and a GPS puck and they are all bullet-proof. I have a Motorola HT820 headset and a Saitek A-250 speaker. Granted I'm no audiophile (if I were I wouldn't have high hopes for using BT, from a phone, to consumer electronics) but the quality is entirely acceptable and the range is good.

This isn't to say there isn't a problem, but I don't think (given my experience with multiple devices) it's a guarenteed black-and-white problem like the issue with the alarms not ringing when it was plugged into a wall.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW

TrainSafe is just getting started
On the 2.08 rom, I could hear the caller just fine (mogul --> BT headset was clear), but everyone I talked to said that I dropped out every third word or so (BT headset --> mogul sucked). It seems better with 2.17, but still not as clear as my 6700 was.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan