PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ajk511 is keeping up the good workajk511 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ajk511 Send a message via MSN to ajk511
New info about the upcoming "update"

I have no idea if this is true or not, but when I was on the phone with tech support today the rep told me that the update coming in january will NOT fix bluetooth issues. He said HTC is working on an update for the bluetooth that we can expect some time this summer. As of right now all we are getting is GPS, Rev A., and some stability fix's. He had no idea if we are getting WM 6.1 with this new rom or not. Not that big deal for me since I don't use BT, probably would if it worked but not a deal breaker. But it does kind of bug me that this will be ANOTHER new rom that doesnt fix one of the main issues with this phone. Like I said before this is just what I heard from a tech support rep, so i dono if I place too much credit in what he said, but I figured you all would wanna hear it.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:52 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk511 View Post
I have no idea if this is true or not, but when I was on the phone with tech support today the rep told me that the update coming in january will NOT fix bluetooth issues. He said HTC is working on an update for the bluetooth that we can expect some time this summer. As of right now all we are getting is GPS, Rev A., and some stability fix's. He had no idea if we are getting WM 6.1 with this new rom or not. Not that big deal for me since I don't use BT, probably would if it worked but not a deal breaker. But it does kind of bug me that this will be ANOTHER new rom that doesnt fix one of the main issues with this phone. Like I said before this is just what I heard from a tech support rep, so i dono if I place too much credit in what he said, but I figured you all would wanna hear it.
I think they've done all they can with BT and can't fix it - and they know it.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero
Carrier: sprint

bimzrus is just getting started
Sprint and HTC need to give us mogul users some kind of compensation for selling an item with so many short comings.
At the end of the day what all this boils down to is false advertisement. Sprint first sold the phone claiming this had gps but, when we went to use this feature we find that sprint had this feature locked then there is the faulty blue tooth that till now has yet to be fixed and a host of other features.
In an era like this where the cell phone can easily be considered part of the modern life survival kit having a piece of equipment such as this go bad is, dangerous the corporate heads need to do something about it and not offer us cheaper phones
I
Old 12-27-2007, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO

timothydonohue is just getting started
i heart my phone.
i'm looking forward to gps, and rev a.
i couldn't care less about bluetooth.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

johnnychimpo is just getting started
My BT is working fine but im using a Motorola S9 stereo headset.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Hoof is becoming a great contributor
So what is the new news? I think most people already knew this update was for Rev. A and GPS, had never heard anything about a BT fix being included.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV 6800
Carrier: VZW

PUREKB is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to PUREKB
i just want to know when it will be coming out....
Old 12-27-2007, 02:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREKB View Post
i just want to know when it will be coming out....
Look for it sometime within the next 100 days

Q1 2008.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:37 AM
boubert

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimzrus View Post
Sprint and HTC need to give us mogul users some kind of compensation for selling an item with so many short comings.
At the end of the day what all this boils down to is false advertisement. Sprint first sold the phone claiming this had gps but, when we went to use this feature we find that sprint had this feature locked then there is the faulty blue tooth that till now has yet to be fixed and a host of other features.
In an era like this where the cell phone can easily be considered part of the modern life survival kit having a piece of equipment such as this go bad is, dangerous the corporate heads need to do something about it and not offer us cheaper phones
I
Don't forget Picture Mail, Sprint's web site still says the phone dose Pic and Vid mail. as well as a host of other promises, Rev a. and GPS were suppose to be there from day one! funny how when I called to B!tch about the inherent problems with the phone, I was told they would swap it for a, wait for it! "A freak-in Treo"? no thanks!... says I, then I suggested the Touch, they all but laughed at me! in fact i think they did laugh they just have a mute button on there headsets
Old 12-27-2007, 05:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 Mogul

seeneed4speed is keeping up the good workseeneed4speed is keeping up the good workseeneed4speed is keeping up the good work
working at sprint myself, anyone you can actually reach on the phone knows nothing more about the update than what is published at the HTC site. Everyone knows by know that it will include REV A and GPS. What mode of GPS, is unknown. As for GPS from day one, just like the treo it advertised E911 GPS nothing more, however sales reps at stores that should not be allowed to do more than quote the fact sheets. Many sales reps did misinform alot of people saying it was GPS capable. but lets be honest if you want quality info about high end electronics would you ask a sales person working on commission or a tech? As far as REV A from day one, it was advertised as REV A CAPABLE, kind of like the PPC6600 was EVDO capable (dont mean to open a can of worms) but there was never an update to make it so. All things considered I'm glad to see in black and white a (loosely) scheduled update to make REV A and GPS avail when the device has been out for less than a year. Trust me if I hear anything that I can actually verify I will gladly pass it along.

Last edited by seeneed4speed; 12-27-2007 at 05:31 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan