PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

deviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just tried yet again from both Mogul's with a clean sprint 2.17 rom and the only program I loaded was Google maps so I could know if the GPS was on or not. I paired my headset, keyboard, and gps and they all appeared to pair fine. Reset the mogul, and turned on one device at a time and after being on 2 min the gps shut off and then a min later the headset shut off. I turned all 3 off and turned back on. It only worked a min that time and the keyboard and headset turned off. Then I paired them to my wifes mogul and after turning on all 3 it took 5 min and the headset and keyboard both stopped working. Shut them all off and turned back on and worked for 3 min before the gps and keyboard stopped working. When only pairing 2, the GPS and headset. If the GPS stops working and I shut of only the headset the GPS will start working again and vice versa if the other dies first. My mogel is a week 13 and my wifes is a 15. The week is the second and third number of the serial number. Let me know what yours is and maybe I can get sprint to send me a refurbished one that is newer.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Quote:
Originally Posted by deviant.ones View Post
I just tried yet again from both Mogul's with a clean sprint 2.17 rom and the only program I loaded was Google maps so I could know if the GPS was on or not. I paired my headset, keyboard, and gps and they all appeared to pair fine. Reset the mogul, and turned on one device at a time and after being on 2 min the gps shut off and then a min later the headset shut off. I turned all 3 off and turned back on. It only worked a min that time and the keyboard and headset turned off. Then I paired them to my wifes mogul and after turning on all 3 it took 5 min and the headset and keyboard both stopped working. Shut them all off and turned back on and worked for 3 min before the gps and keyboard stopped working. When only pairing 2, the GPS and headset. If the GPS stops working and I shut of only the headset the GPS will start working again and vice versa if the other dies first. My mogel is a week 13 and my wifes is a 15. The week is the second and third number of the serial number. Let me know what yours is and maybe I can get sprint to send me a refurbished one that is newer.
Before we get into a long trouble shooting process to explore the nature of the issue...

I wonder if it has anything todo with the brand and type of devices?

Its been shown by various users (Sprints own technical admission) that not all BT devices are compatible. They mention this primarily in regards to Headsets, but it certainly could pertain to other device types.

I am mobile in the field, when i get back to the ofc i will try the BT test on my other mogul and respond with date codes as well.

Any users want to expand on my devices compatible thought?
Old 12-27-2007, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

deviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
If it was the devices than you would think that each one when paired alone would not work perfectly. In my case that is exactly what is happening, and I also have a H700 which is one of the few headsets that is supposed to work well even on the older roms does the same thing as my new stereo headset. Each device when loaded alone works flawlessly. That is why I am wondering if it is just because I bought both mine when they were still brand new and the hardware might just be bad.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Lurker

Mr Crunk is a n00b
For me, with rom 2.17, the Aliph Jawbone does not disconnect(as far as I have seen). It's been connected for almost 8 hours, two days in a row with no issues. However, my Jabra BT500 and 250V both will disconnect after a few minutes. On the previous roms. I tried the BT500 on the 2.17 rom and it did disconnect after a few minutes, bluetooth turned off on the phone as well. The Jawbone has not run across that issue. Also, I normally do activesync via Bluetooth to my laptop. It's a Dell D830 with internal Bluetooth. It will stay connected for quite sometime. I have not timed it but I know it's greater than an hour. I hope this helps some.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
If your devices work fine individually, then you most likely have a driver issue. It's possible to have a hardware issue that only shows up under heavy load, but it's way more likely driver issues will show up first.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu182 View Post
Take the Mogul and just throw it against the wall, my suggestion... Or wait till the updates are out and then watch it breathe in new life.
Thanks for the suggestion but i think i'll pass on that one...by all means go ahead though.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
If you'll check Microsoft's Voice Command blog, you'll see that they acknowlege that this was a problem with poor design of VC and plan to fix it in future versions.
This is the only MS blog about VC I could find, is this the one you're referring to? http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...03/524289.aspx If so, it was locked in June, 2007.

After a quick perusal, they seem to be saying that VC doesn't work at all over BT because BT microphones sample at 8 kHz instead of 16 kHz. This is obviously not true, as all the features worked fine on my 6700 over BT. Could the VC confirmation problem on the 6800 be due to the way it handles the BT microphone frequencies?
Old 12-27-2007, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

supark is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
This is a problem that started in 2.14 and 2.16 (disconnects and random BT shutoffs). I can say with confidence that 2.17 fixed it (as did our custom one released before it), and I've cooked many roms based on 2.17 that work consistently as expected. You're either doing something wrong, have faulty hardware, or basing your experience solely on 2.16.
Bluetooth works just as poorly on my mogul with the 2.17 ROM as it did with the 2.09 - low volume or nothing at all on my end and the person on the other end says I sound like I'm talking underwater

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan