PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 09:20 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof View Post
So what is the new news? I think most people already knew this update was for Rev. A and GPS, had never heard anything about a BT fix being included.
Sprint said on BAW a couple of weeks ago that they were continuing to work on other issues (or some words like that), implying that the next ROM would have bug fixes in addition to Rev A and GPS.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I heard the new update was suppose to allow the Sprint TV also. I know you can do it now but I can wait if it is actually supposed to happen. I keep hearing Jan. 28 as the release date.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk511 View Post
I have no idea if this is true or not, but when I was on the phone with tech support today the rep told me that the update coming in january will NOT fix bluetooth issues. He said HTC is working on an update for the bluetooth that we can expect some time this summer. As of right now all we are getting is GPS, Rev A., and some stability fix's. He had no idea if we are getting WM 6.1 with this new rom or not. Not that big deal for me since I don't use BT, probably would if it worked but not a deal breaker. But it does kind of bug me that this will be ANOTHER new rom that doesnt fix one of the main issues with this phone. Like I said before this is just what I heard from a tech support rep, so i dono if I place too much credit in what he said, but I figured you all would wanna hear it.
::blink::
Ok, maybe I haven't been following the latest developments in the forum lately, but did I miss something? Wasn't bluetooth fixed a while ago already? Who says there is even a problem anymore?

A few of the devs here and I (DogGuy, Sfaure03, etc...) made a custom configured rom a while back that fixed all BT issues, and I made a little announcment about it, and DogGuy even based his kitchen at the time off it.
Then, Sprint released an OFFICIAL update a few weeks ago, 2.17, which fixed it as well (2.16 fixed it but introduced a new problem, 2.17 fixed that problem and now all BT issues are resolved as far as I know).

So, now most of us are just waiting for Rev A and the confusing promise of GPS support. Perhaps I'm missing something, but what outstanding issues are there to be resolved on this device? My bluetooth (and everyone I know who was having problems) has been working fine for the last month or so already...
Old 12-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
I'm also confused as I wasn't aware there was still a problem with BT. Mine's worked fine (albeit very quiet) since 2.17.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
"All" the Bluetooth issues are resolved"? I have tried the official 2.17 upgrade and am currently running DCD's 1.6.7 kitchen based on version 2.17. BT itself works fine, but as far as I know, everyone still has the voice confirmation issue with MS Voice Command.

The only way to get my PPC-6800 to dial with MS VC is to turn confirmation off. Even then, the "redial" and "call back" commands still ask for confirmation, and thus don't work. All of this worked fine on my PPC-6700 with Helmi's WM6 kitchen.

If this too has been fixed for the Titan, I must have missed it, and would appreciate a link to this fix.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
The only way to get my PPC-6800 to dial with MS VC is to turn confirmation off. Even then, the "redial" and "call back" commands still ask for confirmation, and thus don't work. All of this worked fine on my PPC-6700 with Helmi's WM6 kitchen.
While this sounds like a genuine problem, from you description I'm not entirely convinced this could be called a problem with Bluetooth. Something that needs to be addressed, yes, but not necessarily something that can be wrapped up with the BT issues.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
The BT problem still exists,which is BT just keeps disconnect my BT headsets(I have the Jabra 8010 & Moto H500),if I put the phone to standby,when I wake it up,70% of the time my BT headset was disconnected,also if I listen to streaming music through my BT Jabra 8010 and a call comes in,half of the time BT got disconnected,I've tried all custom ROMS out there,DCD 1.67 seemed to be a little better over all others,the stock 2.16 & 2.17 were the worst of all.I went back to the stock 2.09,solved the BT disconnect issue.but I sounded choppy at the other end.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
"All" the Bluetooth issues are resolved"? I have tried the official 2.17 upgrade and am currently running DCD's 1.6.7 kitchen based on version 2.17. BT itself works fine, but as far as I know, everyone still has the voice confirmation issue with MS Voice Command.

If this too has been fixed for the Titan, I must have missed it, and would appreciate a link to this fix.
Haha... are you serious?

This is NOT a BT problem! Its a software problem, specifically with the way voice command tries to access the sound hardware. If you did your homework, you'd know that the current version of VoiceCommand has this problem with all devices using this new chipset (Kaiser, Mogul, Vogue, etc).
Knowing this, Sprint chose to bundle a different voice application (Cyberion, or something) that IS 100% compatible with the hardware.
You can't seriously expect Sprint to be working on a fix for a specific peice of software that they have no responsibility to support (and has known issues with the hardware you purchased), do you?

Look, I use VC. Even with its incompatibilities, it works better than other options. But, this is a limitation of the software, and all we can do is hope that a new version of VC will eventually come out that is compatible with the newer hardware (the current version is kind of old already).

So, once again, why is everyone still ratting on Bluetooth?
Old 12-27-2007, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo
Quote:

Thats an issue with VC and not the phone. Microsoft tech support won't even touch this issues for WM6. Funny because on all the websites that sell it they advertise it as WM6 capable.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
The BT problem still exists,which is BT just keeps disconnect my BT headsets(I have the Jabra 8010 & Moto H500),if I put the phone to standby,when I wake it up,70% of the time my BT headset was disconnected,also if I listen to streaming music through my BT Jabra 8010 and a call comes in,half of the time BT got disconnected,I've tried all custom ROMS out there,DCD 1.67 seemed to be a little better over all others,the stock 2.16 & 2.17 were the worst of all.I went back to the stock 2.09,solved the BT disconnect issue.but I sounded choppy at the other end.
This is a problem that started in 2.14 and 2.16 (disconnects and random BT shutoffs). I can say with confidence that 2.17 fixed it (as did our custom one released before it), and I've cooked many roms based on 2.17 that work consistently as expected. You're either doing something wrong, have faulty hardware, or basing your experience solely on 2.16.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan