PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 12:05 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just an opinion...
Keeping in mind that it seems that the Sprint version of the Mogul/PPC6800 seems to be troubled, I do not think it is HTC's fault. The device was cleared and administered with the requirements and software before release at Sprint's discretion. I broke out of my contract with Verizon to acquire the PPC6800 and went with Alltel after hearing the issue's associated with Sprint's version. I find the Alltel PPC6800 to be fast, responsive,... never hangs or bogs and is running about 22 aftermarket apps.

Again, the bluetooth issue seems to plague only the Sprint Mogul. Just about every Mogul forum adddresses this but it is not seen (Imo) in the other carriers. I know you shouldnt have to, but if you do decide to flash a custom rom, this will likely fix the issue as most of the BT drivers are from the HTC Vogue.

The formfactor is as it should be. When you dont have a slide out keyboard, then yes... you can reduce it by 1/4 of an inch. But remember that the smaller it is, the easier it is to forget, sit-on and slip from your hand. A phone needs to fill like a phone and I want something to grip. The Touch feels like a piece of toast. I dont want to see PDA's small enough to hang from a keychain.

I think the Touch provides a reasonable alternative for people who prefer a device that is functional, works mostly as it should and does not HAVE TO modified in order for it to work. For some of us (like me), if there is something I didnt like or did prefer, I flashed it, hacked it, cut it, pasted it and slapped it into my device. I made it happen. And I like my device. The flimsy back cover never gives me headache and was designed to accomadate a larger battery while keeping formfactor down. The slide keyboard is a mechanical function; it WILL wear with time but I expect it to last the 2, MAYBE 3 years that I will utilize this device. The technology outdates the equipment, not the function or mechanical means...

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan