PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hero
Carrier: sprint

Mansam is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Won't utilize built in wifi ~ help

This is my 1st post but have been reading alot of them here ~ great site ~ BUT, unfortunately, alot of it goes above my head! This mogul is my 1st PPC & it can be a bit overwhelming. When I click the WIFI switch I can't hook up to my office router (or anywhere else) I have changed the security on the router to OPEN & WEP. When I go into my network, it shows up so I hit next, Authentication is OPEN & Data Encrypt is WEP. I have tried checking the auto key provided or typed in one of my WEP key # then hit next & check the IEEE box but EAP type says Smart Card ~ when I hit Properties on it, I get a message saying "I Can't log on to wireless network. This network requires a Personal Certificate to positively identify you." It obviously won't connect. What do I do to fix these certificate issues & is that the reason I can't connect to WIFI? Until I'm able to get on with WIFI/WLAN there's no point of keeping my Slingbox or any other program I have while being online. I'm in an area where I don't get EVDO.

I hope you can help
Thanks
Old 08-06-2007, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

5.0stang is a n00b
I think were in the same boat. This is my 1st PPC also and its getting crazy! I also try to use my wifi it detects lots of signals but i cant seem to use one. The apts i live in has wifi in the office to use when your by the pool and theres no key I cant even log on to that. If anyone can help it would be great!
Old 08-06-2007, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

bitslizer is a n00b
you don't need to check the IEEE, also make sure you have selected the correct key index matching to your WEP key from the server
Old 08-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Lurker

MBaran is a n00b
turn off push mail if you use it.

mine will not use wifi if I leave direct push on. I turn it off and all of the sudden it starts browsing on WiFi instead of EV.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Lurker

xanbo is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBaran

mine will not use wifi if I leave direct push on. I turn it off and all of the sudden it starts browsing on WiFi instead of EV.
Are you kidding me? That's the most inelegant solution I've ever heard of.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hero
Threadstarter

Mansam is a n00b
So far nothing has helped ~ Is the problem the "certificates?" How are all of you hooking into the WIFI? Settings?

I'd like to get this going
Old 08-06-2007, 09:05 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
First WIFI and direct push will work at the same time, your Mogul can sync through your WIFI connection, no need to turn of push mail. Next, I am no expert but, here is how it works for me, turn on the WIFI switch, my Mogul finds the open router and asks me to input the password if needed. That's it I am connected, the next time I connect no need for the password, my Mogul saves if for me. If that isn't what you are seeing I would check the router first, make sure you have an open port. I don't have my home computers set up in a network so there might be something there that is causing the problem, do you need to add the Mogul to the network to connect? I wouldn't think so, someone here knows this stuff better than me, lets see what they say.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:29 AM
Lurker

MBaran is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBaran

Are you kidding me? That's the most inelegant solution I've ever heard of.
I use my WiFi all the time and the ONLY way I have been able to get it to work every time, is to turn off Direct Push.

I will notice that it still tries to activate the EV for the DP and it will use EV when trying to use data (Orb). If I do a speed test with DP on and DP off, I will see two different numbers..

I know it makes no sense,, but this is before and after a hard reset. This is because Active Sync can only run on EV/BT/IR, but not over WiFi.

This is all after keying in my WEP password and making sure my network is the one chosen and that I am closest to it....

YMMV, but this works best for me.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

bitslizer is a n00b
There's some werid preference for EV over WiFi with certain App, DP can be one of them. I remember using something else and I have to turn off EV twice to get the app to stay on wifi
Old 08-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Lurker

MBaran is a n00b
/\ see. I'm not crazy...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan