PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   I bricked it (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14582)

sudermatt 12-26-2007 02:43 AM

I bricked it

I went rogue....tried to bring an OEM in from one Kitchen to another....now I think I'm screwed....

the ROM seemed to install, the device rebooted...after the Verizon ROM identification screen the verizon splash comes up.... and it sits there.

I can't get connected via Active Sync, so I can't dump a nice clean fresh ROM.

Now what?

canospinach 12-26-2007 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudermatt (Post 149038)
I went rogue....tried to bring an OEM in from one Kitchen to another....now I think I'm screwed....

the ROM seemed to install, the device rebooted...after the Verizon ROM identification screen the verizon splash comes up.... and it sits there.

I can't get connected via Active Sync, so I can't dump a nice clean fresh ROM.

Now what?

I believe the obvious 2 questions are:

Did you hard reset?

Were you able to manually put it into bootloader mode?

sudermatt 12-26-2007 02:59 AM

Thank you for responding...I'm sitting here refreshing, hoping...

I did try hard reset. Goes to the same spot and stops.

I don't know how to manually get it to bootloader. Can you help?

canospinach 12-26-2007 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudermatt (Post 149044)
Thank you for responding...I'm sitting here refreshing, hoping...

I did try hard reset. Goes to the same spot and stops.

I don't know how to manually get it to bootloader. Can you help?

To manually enter bootloader on an HTC PPC6800:

Hold down both the SIDE Power and Camera buttons while you depress the reset switch in the reset hole.

EDIT - i believe it has to be non-bootable to be considered "Bricked" :-) your lucky as it looks like you simply have a hung rom.

Touch999 12-26-2007 03:07 AM

Simple solution, well thats if you have TEP. If you do, grab it and hold it steady with your thump by the corner putting slight pressure on it while its on the floor. The with you right hand bring down the hammer of furry on it and tell TEP that your baby brother hammered it to death. You should have one by the end of the week.

sudermatt 12-26-2007 03:09 AM

I Loooovvveeee Youuuuuuuuuuuu

I Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love Youi Love You

Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You

I got it into Manual bootloader and am reloading ROM.....

Thanks...so very much

canospinach 12-26-2007 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touch999 (Post 149047)
Simple solution, well thats if you have TEP. If you do, grab it and hold it steady with your thump by the corner putting slight pressure on it while its on the floor. The with you right hand bring down the hammer of furry on it and tell TEP that your baby brother hammered it to death. You should have one by the end of the week.

Not to mention if you have the Service Plan you can ask for a loaner, it may not be a PPC, but it is a handset to use until your formal replacement arrives.

They dont outright offer it all that much these days, but its part of your service plan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudermatt (Post 149048)
I got it into Manual bootloader and am reloading ROM.....

Thanks...so very much

Hey man if i helped you feel free to add to my reputation by clicking on the "balance" icon in the upper right hand corner :-)

zeurx 12-26-2007 09:20 AM

if you didnt get this fixed, i found it most cases when you repack the rom it can screw up and leave you at the splashes

guitardoc64 12-26-2007 10:08 AM

If it hangs on the second boot, The ROM you flashed is simply too big. Deselect some stuff and try again.

sudermatt 12-26-2007 10:43 AM

I'm up and running...thanks for all your advice everybody