PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2007, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC RhodiumW - Sprint Branded
Carrier: Sprint

volDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to volDeus Send a message via Skype™ to volDeus
Exclamation Motorola MOTOROKR S9 and volume hacks

i picked up a Motorola MOTOROKR S9 set last month and although i am very happy with it ... i did have a problem i thought i would pass on to the rest of the Geeks ....

i had the AudioPara.csv file thats been floating around PPC forums installed in my handset (i think it was the Coarse version) trying to help with the volume on a cheap bt earpiece i was using in the past ... not considering the S9`s little earbud speakers might have mechanical limits that its own amplifier exceeds (which it shouldnt ... but it does) and excited about my new toy ... i paired it up and started media player right away .... well the S9 was at max volume by default and as soon as i played music it damaged the speakers slightly ....

i realized what happened right away (audiophile here) and replaced the AudioPara.csv file with the original and turned my handsets volume to 80% ... i didnt think much of it that night until the next day while i was listening to music and a call came in ... when the call was over and the music started playing again the S9 took a few seconds to switch back from HSP to A2DP and during that time the music played through the left speaker with HSP ... and at full volume .... well that was the end of the left speaker and a 30 minute arguement with the return department at Fry's Electronics ...

so anyway ... the S9 is great for its size/weight/price/battery life ... but its speakers are delicate and the amplifier is too strong for them ... if you have an aftermarket AudioPara.csv installed and you decide to get an S9 i would definately put the original back first and probably keep BOTH your volume bars at 80% .. maybe even less for the call volume (mine is at 70%ish) ... even at lowered volume the S9 is still very loud (coming from someone who works around air compressors and electric saws all day)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

(this should have been in a diff forum ... admin please move to general ... srry)

Last edited by volDeus; 12-25-2007 at 04:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Diamond

ajk511 is keeping up the good workajk511 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ajk511 Send a message via MSN to ajk511
Thanx for the info, I was gonna go pick up the S9's tomorrow.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC RhodiumW - Sprint Branded
Threadstarter

volDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to volDeus Send a message via Skype™ to volDeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk511 View Post
Thanx for the info, I was gonna go pick up the S9's tomorrow.
no problem ... and on a side note ... with the right settings, A_C's S2U2 works great for keeping the screen off to save the battery and for preventing accidental screen taps ... since using the AVRCP functions on the S9 (or any other AVRCP set) wakes the phone up ...
Old 04-20-2008, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

MrHappy is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to MrHappy Send a message via Yahoo to MrHappy
Re: Motorola MOTOROKR S9 and volume hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by volDeus View Post
no problem ... and on a side note ... with the right settings, A_C's S2U2 works great for keeping the screen off to save the battery and for preventing accidental screen taps ... since using the AVRCP functions on the S9 (or any other AVRCP set) wakes the phone up ...
Odd... I just picked up an S9 yesterday and have been using it all day. For the first time ever I can start listening to music and hit the power button and the music will still play (assuming this is an A2DP function). Hitting play/pause/skip works but does not turn on the screen....

Oh and I am using No2Chem's 5060 ROM...
Old 04-21-2008, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

elgreek84 is keeping up the good workelgreek84 is keeping up the good work

just as a warning: ive had the s9s for 8 months and i love them, however recently my controls stopped working. google moto s9 controls not working and see what i'm talking about.. apparently the sweat shorts out these controls. so keep your receipts, you have 1 year mfg warranty
but they are really awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
Odd... I just picked up an S9 yesterday and have been using it all day. For the first time ever I can start listening to music and hit the power button and the music will still play (assuming this is an A2DP function). Hitting play/pause/skip works but does not turn on the screen....

Oh and I am using No2Chem's 5060 ROM...
Old 04-21-2008, 02:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreek84 View Post
just as a warning: ive had the s9s for 8 months and i love them, however recently my controls stopped working. google moto s9 controls not working and see what i'm talking about.. apparently the sweat shorts out these controls. so keep your receipts, you have 1 year mfg warranty
but they are really awesome
This may sound funny but if you want to extend the life of your S9 when working out... get a hair cut. When my hair was a bit longer, I would notice that my controls were totally wet after a long workout. After a cut, they were relatively dry... Also always dry them off after any workout.

The S9 might not be the best sounding headphones (but very decent) and not a great headset for phone conversations (but adequate) but for working out or physical activity, they can't be beat.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900
Carrier: Alltel, and Cricket

midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work

Im gonna look at the s9,,, im trying to find something better because
I got a chance to try some blu-tunes headphones... and man they sounded awesome,, but ,,,

there is always a but...

they are creamy white in color, and are heavy, and huge,, I put them on and looked in the mirror and all i could think of was ,, durrrr, have you seen my baseball? lol they just looked so out of place, and hung funny on my ears..

I asked around the office to see if maybe my ears were just funny shaped to make sure that it wasnt my fault,, lol luckily they all agreed that it was definitely the headphones...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan