PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is google My Location going to work with Rev. A?

Yea yea yea... I know this may have been posted before.

But I just want TO CONFIRM: when EVDO Rev. A ROMS come out, will the google my location feature work on the mogul?

And (dont flame me please) what will the max internet speed be in a rural area?
Old 12-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I don't think anyone is really sure about the GPS integration with Google Maps or any other package. Sprint has been really vague about it so far (never a good sign) and that usually means that they either don't have it working yet or that it's just going to be some BS where you have to subscribe to a service to get any GPS functionality.

Still, count me among those who would love to see the GMaps location feature working. It's really frustrating to have the option without being able to use it. I'd honestly be happy even if it was only working with the Google Maps app and not all GPS software. Google Maps seems to be the most common mapping solution for a lot of us casual users. If I used it more often I would just buy a BT GPS but since I only need it once or twice a month I'd love to have the basic Google one working.

As far as speed, it really depends on a lot of variables. I'm on vacation at my girlfriend's house in rural PA and I am connected to EVDO (god knows how) but it's kind of slow. In the Baltimore/DC area it's quite fast. It all depends on the towers around you and how close they are and what kind they are.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan