PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC XV6800, XV6900, & XV6850(TP), KIN TwoM
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

z0rpr1m3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Titan (XV6800) will not charge batteries.

Thanks, ashamancurtis. This was definitely one of our first thoughts, so we purchased a new battery, in addition to the 3 we already had (two were previously new within a few months as well).

Another few reasons I suspect it's the phone and not these batteries:

* All batteries were really in the green before this happened (charging, staying good and charged for days of use, etc.) and it happened suddenly with all batteries.

* Since buying the cradle, we've been playing with charging them that way. they all maintain a near-full capacity charge even after weeks and weeks of sitting (throwing them on the cradle charger causes the LED to turn amber for a brief second, then quickly green). Though, this definitely isn't conclusive, as your info suggests.

* This phone simply stopped reporting any charge in any battery when this problem began. It never registers anything more than 0% charged for any battery (at any time whether charging or on battery power).

In any case, we shall test this Friday, as I will be receiving a new Mogul to throw the batteries in. I may also download that power app you pointed to--Many thanks for your time and consideration!
Old 08-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC XV6800, XV6900, & XV6850(TP), KIN TwoM
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

z0rpr1m3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Titan (XV6800) will not charge batteries.

*update*

Got the brand new xv6800 today (for another line). All batteries tested in the older/problematic Mogul report accurate battery charge info in the new Mogul.

Still looking into finding either a registry hack to disable Power Manager's auto-shut-down when battery is low.

So far, I found the hive containing the keys which deal with power-related actions, and have changed the BatteryPoll setting to much higher than the default (a recommendation from XDA), but this make no difference. I might change it to 0 and see what happens, but I suspect this isn't the "key" (see what I did there?).

Also looking for any program that might be a good replacement for or supplement to Power Manager/GWES....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan