PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2007, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

Elbimster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Elbimster Send a message via AIM to Elbimster Send a message via MSN to Elbimster Send a message via Yahoo to Elbimster
Help with RUU

Hey guys, i'm having a problem running the RUU with a custom ROM, and could use some help. I've read through the sticky on how to install a custom ROM with the Utility a few times and don't think I'm missing any steps, but I must be.

I was trying to upgrade to JD's 2.17 custom ROM yesterday. I believe I used the RUU from imcokeman, but I can't remember exactly. I pasted the "RUU_signed.nbh" file from JD into the folder, and ran the RomUpdateUtility. Everything appeared to install smoothly, i unplugged it, it booted, I started installing things (I know I forgot the hard reset step, and I did that later but it didn't help). Anyway, the problem was that it was unable to access the internet at all, gave me error code 63. I looked into the Device Information menu to find that the vision username was not mine (000000000@rbh.sprint ....), and it also wasn't alerting me to a voicemail that I had. The phone itself worked fine, and i was able to check my voicemail without a problem; I could even receive text messages.

My phone has been unlocked, and i've been running Colonel's Oct21 ROM for about a month and a half now. I installed the Sprint/HTC ROM, and that gave me problems as well at first, but now it seems to be working fine. Before I venture into the RUU side to try again, I wanna make sure there are no steps i'm missing, or if anyone has any ideas why this could've happened.

Thanks in advance guys!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan