PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Does USBDeview fix your ActiveSync problems ?
Yes... worked as described 2 28.57%
No...**@#&#*&$*#&$*$&$* 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Activesync fix --- For all those not connected issues

After using PocketPc devices from the Compaq Ipaq days (remeber those), I have continually been frustrated with the lack of support from Microsoft for what I used to think was buggy Activesync software. With each version released (including the Vista Mobile Center) I have always managed to find myself unable to sync via USB, despite reading up on Microsoft help sites etc.

Vista help did explain that the problem is with the USB driver for Activesync and provided a means to uninstall the driver and with a replugging of the USB cord, the device was recognized and sync was permitted.

I have struggled with identfying the correct USB device to uninstall while using WinXP. That is until I downloaded USBDeview. This program shows all currently and previously attached USB drivers with names that correspond with the device. If you locate all the "windows Mobile-based Device" listings under Device name "generic RNDIS" and uninstall, you should be able to reconnect the Mogul and allow Activesync to reload the USB drivers and once again sync the device.

In addition use Task Manager to close down WCESMgr.exe and wcescomm.exe before plugging in the Mogul or other PPC.

Try it when Activesync fails to recognize the device. File attached below....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way, please let me know. Click the scales at the top right of my post and be sure to leave your name.
Attached Files
File Type: zip USBDeview.zip (34.3 KB, 340 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by nmhusa; 04-10-2008 at 10:10 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Activesync fix --- For all those not connected issues

Cool, thanks!
Old 04-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

dk494922 is a n00b

Does this work in Vista? I selected the items showing and click on uninstall, nothing happen.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Smile Re: Activesync fix --- For all those not connected issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk494922 View Post
Does this work in Vista? I selected the items showing and click on uninstall, nothing happen.
I located the USB Mobile device driver program specifically to identify the activesync USB driver in WinXP and not for Vista. Vista actually identified the correct driver if you follow the instructions below and allows and easy removal of the offending driver and an auto reinstall when you reconnect the Mogul or any PPC device.

Below are the instructions from the Microsoft Vista help page....
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...eshooting.mspx

Windows Mobile Device Center fails to connect due to the Windows Portable Device driver failing to load. In some cases, you may be unable to connect and only a red X error icon is displayed in Windows Mobile Device Center. This can be caused by Windows Portable Device driver failing to load.

Connect your device
Go to Manager (Computer > Properties)
Find the Portable Devices node
Locate the Windows Mobile device entry
Choose to uninstall the driver
Reconnect your device

Let me know if this works for you and click my scales for a reputation mark if it does. Thanks and good luck....

Last edited by nmhusa; 04-11-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc snap
Carrier: sprint

plbeam57 is a n00b

Just joined, your fix works perfect, been dealing w activesync probs for years, many thanks, pbeam

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan