PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 04:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: vx6800
Carrier: VZW

samuel1613 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS Fixed - Thanks for the help

So the GPS problem is old hat on the Mogul. I installed iNav 2009, and it runs fine, but shows no GPS data, it appears not to be receiving any. I installed franson GPS gate which I used on my old mogul, and that worked ok, I would just have to soft reset prior to any time I wanted to use GPS. GPS Gate says GPS data coming in, and it shows when the iNav client is connected to it, but I am getting nothing from iNav. Please help (again).

I am downloading the tinkerbell toolset to see what I can find in there. If I figure it out myself I will certainly report back.

I have finished reading each of the toolset instructions and steps are: relock, install old rom/radio, unlock, install new radio, install custom rom. Tinkerbell can you help this noob understand? I believe I have the newest radio (3.42.50) so I'm not understanding how locking, installing the old rom/radio, unlocking, installing new radio (which I seem to have), installing new rom makes my phone act different than it does now. Hopefully there's an answer, otherwise I will just follow the instructions "just because".

I ran through tinkerbell's complete toolset (lock, vzw rom, unlock, new radio, tink rom) and it worked. I will continue the discussion of her rom in her rom thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/titan-deve...-metropcs.html

Last edited by samuel1613; 05-12-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: Cannot GPS - Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel1613 View Post
Tinkerbell can you help this noob understand? I believe I have the newest radio (3.42.50) so I'm not understanding how locking, installing the old rom/radio, unlocking, installing new radio (which I seem to have), installing new rom makes my phone act different than it does now.
Hey Samuel! The reason you have to flash an older Rom and Radio is because Verizon locked out the GPS function on your Titan with the MR2 update. You have to flash a Rom that is older than this update, and then work forward with Rom's that do not have the lockout.
That being said, I am not certain how much time it is going to take for you to get a lock without a data connection. I am going to guess about 20 to 30 minutes. If you can get data on your phone through wireless, usb, or over the air, you can get a GPS lock in under a minute. GPS is one of my absolute favorite things about this device!!
Let us know how it is going there!!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Hey Samuel! The reason you have to flash an older Rom and Radio is because Verizon locked out the GPS function on your Titan with the MR2 update. You have to flash a Rom that is older than this update, and then work forward with Rom's that do not have the lockout.
That being said, I am not certain how much time it is going to take for you to get a lock without a data connection. I am going to guess about 20 to 30 minutes. If you can get data on your phone through wireless, usb, or over the air, you can get a GPS lock in under a minute. GPS is one of my absolute favorite things about this device!!
Let us know how it is going there!!
I hated Verizon before, and I hate them even more now, what hoops I have to jump through!!! But with previous GPS, without Data, I could get a lock in about 5-10 minutes. How do I know if the MR2 has happened to this phone?

Screw it, I am running through the steps...PS I hate using the usb method, nothin but bad luck, am on step 2 via micro SD

Last edited by samuel1613; 05-12-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Sounds good! If you run into any challenges with the SD method, you can always use the USB method. I use the USB method here about 95% of the time.
You are halfway there!! Nice effort!!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Sounds good! If you run into any challenges with the SD method, you can always use the USB method. I use the USB method here about 95% of the time.
You are halfway there!! Nice effort!!
step 4...and I guess I am trying your rom...sad since I had just finalized setting up a perfect beauty in SPBmobile shell...but hell I'll try yours.

P.S. I do all this WITHOUT any backup support, so when I re-rom I have to manually install every program...which is about 20+ applications
Old 05-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Wow!! I included PIM Backup to ease the burden of flashing a new Rom. Give it a shot next time... it will make your life easier!!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

If you put your 20+ applications in the Root of your SD card, the Tinkerbell Rom will install them for you... just a thought to make your life a bit easier!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:13 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
If you put your 20+ applications in the Root of your SD card, the Tinkerbell Rom will install them for you... just a thought to make your life a bit easier!
so close...they were sitting in a folder i call "hard reset programs" lol
Old 05-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel1613 View Post
so close...they were sitting in a folder i call "hard reset programs" lol
No problem! Swing them over into the root of your SD card... done!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:46 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
No problem! Swing them over into the root of your SD card... done!
A little late now that I flashed your rom no?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Tags
gps, gps gate, inav, mogul, titan