PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 04:42 AM
Lurker

gotodd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yes deleted usb & repluged. no joy there. ppc shows up in mycomuter. But will not sync. Installed & reinstalled all. also can not move or delete files.
ppc. 6700 just uncheck box usb, conections.
6800?
Old 12-30-2007, 04:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

princelton is a n00b
after a million tests i can tell you this IS NOT A P.C. ISSUE, (95% sure) rather it is a PPC issue.... does ANYONE have any input as to "security" or "permissions" or "write protect" errors on the mogul? This issue seems to present itself while trying to transfer via USB, but after ALOT of other testing, the real issue seems to be that the mogul will not transfer ANY files, even cut/copy / paste files OR folders within the phone without even being USB connected!!!!! Can anyone with MW6 knowledge intervene? As stated above, we are 95% sure that this isn't a desktop issue, rather a mobile issue............
Old 12-31-2007, 04:18 AM
Lurker

gotodd is a n00b
Well definitely PPC Issue!

If I plug in my hx4700 no problem
xv6800 plug in get error
Calling vzw today
Old 01-01-2008, 12:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Threadstarter

princelton is a n00b
k, it's FIXED!!!!! Spent an hour on the phone with tech support. Turns out it DID need a hard reset to fix it, not the control panel way either, the ##782# or whatever (I was on the phone, not near my computer, did it on the fly....)
Anyhoo, IT's fixed!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Rich182x is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Rich182x
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvashi View Post
You guys might try unchecking (or rechecking) the "Enable advanced network functionality" under Start-->Settings-->Connections Tab-->USB to PC

That seems to cause a lot of the connection issues with ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center.

You, my friend, make my life easy. THANK YOU HAHA!
Old 01-20-2008, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

tavella is a n00b
You can also uninstall Windows Mobile Device Center and then reinstall it. This has always worked for me. My friend and I both have a Mogul and I've synced them both up to tether and what not, but one day, mine would no longer connect and his would. I did all of the junk from unchecking the advanced networking for usb, hard reset the device, etc nothing worked. Uninstalled WMDC and put it back on, everything worked great.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800

JettaBMW is a n00b
Re: CANNOT connect to mogul through USB and PC?????

I was looking for help with sync with Mogul (I know it is an old phone but still working, well was) the screen has went out and I can't see but before I replace I want to make sure to backup my contacts. I don't think I have sync the contact in the phone and I am trying to reconnect it. I have a Window 7 computer and the partnership was working. Now when I connect it does not recognize the USB connection, first problem, then I can see to change anything on the phone. In one of your post you suggested (You guys might try unchecking (or rechecking) the "Enable advanced network functionality" under Start-->Settings-->Connections Tab-->USB to PC. That seems to cause a lot of the connection issues with ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center.)

Since I can get into the menu on the phone is there anything else you can think of? Thank you also once I get the contacts back in activesync I hope to sync into another phone. Then get something new. Don't want a Win7 or Crackberry, maybe another HTC but has to have a keyboard

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan