PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2007, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

tannis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tannis Send a message via MSN to tannis Send a message via Yahoo to tannis
Angry Is Bonnie Cha on the AT&T Payroll?

ok so I was reading this article
http://reviews.cnet.com/4321-6452_7-6600061.html
When I started thinking... What are the differences between the tilt and the mogul... hmmm well of course you mogulites will instantly answer EVDO RevA.... and you AT&Ters who don't know any better would say the tilt has 3G (here's a hint EVDO is better) But Cha didn't put the mogul as one of the top smart phones of 2007 and I am a but offended by this. Am I totally crazy? HECK NO! I think Cha is off her rocker... Lets see what the people say. According to phonescoop.com the Mogul wins out with an rating of 4.01 stars to the tilt's 3.75. Not a huge margin of victory. So lets look at the hardware differences. For what it's worth our beloved mogul is an ounce lighter (wooptie doo!) It's a tiny bit smaller not that anyone would really notice. Better talk time and standby. The tilt lacks infra red. The tilt does have a better built in camera and walkie talkie (go tilt!). I implore you my fellow Mogul Worshipers. Email Bonnie Cha and give her an earfull! Those people make recommendations to the technologically inept and lead to costing ignorant people good money because they sound like they know what they're talking about. Lem em have it!!
Old 12-19-2007, 01:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Drooiiiiiiid
Carrier: VZW

WyldStar is a n00b
Three words (well, 2 words and a number) - 128 MB RAM.

I'd take a Tilt any day of the week if it was on VZW.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

OffUrRcker is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to OffUrRcker
Yeah. The Tilt is the 8925. The Mogul is based off of the 8525. Making the Mogul the predecessor to the Tilt. Remember that one guy, who made the law about the number of transistors doubling every two years? Any way, as far as hardware is concerned, the Tilt blows the Titan away. I have an xv6800 and am not afraid to say it. 128 MB of ram is invaluable, especially when the only 64 MB you have leaks already.
Most of the advantages the Titan has are frequency or carrier related, EVDO, for example.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffUrRcker View Post
Yeah. The Tilt is the 8925. The Mogul is based off of the 8525. Making the Mogul the predecessor to the Tilt. Remember that one guy, who made the law about the number of transistors doubling every two years? Any way, as far as hardware is concerned, the Tilt blows the Titan away. I have an xv6800 and am not afraid to say it. 128 MB of ram is invaluable, especially when the only 64 MB you have leaks already.
Most of the advantages the Titan has are frequency or carrier related, EVDO, for example.
true, if only the tilt or something similar or better was on cdma... preferably sprint cuz thats my preferred service provider... but im waiting for wm8 ( wm7 at the least) personally before i do another upgrade... unless its a free upgrade of course. I'm confident the 6.1 update will be hacked if not freely provided by the cellphone provider...

Last edited by gxnext; 12-19-2007 at 02:33 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:36 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStar View Post
Three words (well, 2 words and a number) - 128 MB RAM.

I'd take a Tilt any day of the week if it was on VZW.
Bingo. That instantly makes the Tilt inexorably better than the Mogul, not to mention it is truly a newer generation than the Mogul which is based off of older technology and sat in the design channel for far too long. Love my Mogul, but if AT&T didn't suck and if I didn't have a great plan with Sprint, I'd switch for that phone, as it seems to have what we're missing in the Mogul. And I'm sure I could "settle" for the slightly lower speed of their 3G versus ours.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Scooter_in_WI is becoming a great contributor
Just consider the source. Have you ever watched one of her review videos? I would think Vanna White would have more credibility than her reviewing ANYTHING electronic. She should be on QVC selling quilts or something!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli
Funny. Edit: comment withdrawn. I'm claiming lack of sleep for a silly response in the first place. LOL

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133

Last edited by toviaheli; 12-19-2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
No, it has 256MB of storage.

But anyway, yes, the specs on the Tilt are better in terms of the hardware, but until Sprint makes it available to their customers as a Mogul v2, the choice comes down to AT&T versus Sprint/Verizon/Alltel. Take your pick on the winner.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan