PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134
Dead Pixel

I need some advice on how to go about this.. recently i have notice that my mogul has a tiny white dot on the screen and the reason i know is a dead pixel is because i read about it and the dot can only be seen only on a white screen. should i try to get it repair or should i leave it the way it is now? and does any one know how mucg will it cost me to repair it? thx in advance..
Old 12-18-2007, 02:33 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
If you have the service and repair program, go see a service tech and see what they can do. If you have the program it shouldnt cost you anything. If you dont have the program it would be between 35-55$ to get it fixed.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jaak is a n00b
That doesn't make sense that you can only see a white dot on a white screen. Have you tried cleaning the screen with a good quality screen cleaner?

If it is a dead pixel (or rather, a stuck pixel), sometimes they can be brought back to life by massaging them (search google for various descriptions of this technique).

If it doesn't work take it to a Sprint repair center and see what they'll do for you (if it really is a stuck pixel). Otherwise it'll probably cost you about $200 to repair (going by prices on ppctechs).
Old 12-18-2007, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaak View Post
That doesn't make sense that you can only see a white dot on a white screen. Have you tried cleaning the screen with a good quality screen cleaner?

If it is a dead pixel (or rather, a stuck pixel), sometimes they can be brought back to life by massaging them (search google for various descriptions of this technique).

If it doesn't work take it to a Sprint repair center and see what they'll do for you (if it really is a stuck pixel). Otherwise it'll probably cost you about $200 to repair (going by prices on ppctechs).

WOW $200 for one dead pixel thats like more than half of what i pay for the phone... anyways will one dead pixel affect the rest? i guess i can live with one being dead but if it starts to spread then i think i would have to do something about it.. thx anyways
Old 12-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

papped is a n00b
They have video files that flash red/green/blue very rapidly. If you play that for a long period of time (hours, days) it sometimes can unstick stuck pixels.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This won't work on dead pixels (black) though.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by papped View Post
They have video files that flash red/green/blue very rapidly. If you play that for a long period of time (hours, days) it sometimes can unstick stuck pixels.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This won't work on dead pixels (black) though.

any idea where i can get my hands on this video? and the dot i am getting in my screen is white and it can only be seen on a white screen.. if i have any other color background u cant see it at all...
Old 12-18-2007, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Blackberry 8330
Carrier: Sprint SERO

steps is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to steps
Quote:
Originally Posted by migz1134 View Post
any idea where i can get my hands on this video? and the dot i am getting in my screen is white and it can only be seen on a white screen.. if i have any other color background u cant see it at all...
I think there's a program on freewareppc.com but not sure. You can always trying running a full color video in fullscreen for a few hours also.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

papped is a n00b
Just do a google search for stuck pixel fixer, or stuck pixel fixer video or something like that.

They have them around
Old 12-18-2007, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jaak is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by migz1134 View Post
WOW $200 for one dead pixel thats like more than half of what i pay for the phone... anyways will one dead pixel affect the rest? i guess i can live with one being dead but if it starts to spread then i think i would have to do something about it.. thx anyways
Dead/stuck pixels don't usually spread. The display is the most expensive part of the phone. Also, you paid a subsidized price to buy the phone. You'll have to pay full price for spare parts (and installation and warranty).

You can do it much cheaper if you buy the parts surplus (like from ebay) and install it yourself.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
warranty ???

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan