PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC 6800

Darthness is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint to alltel...

Okay i bought a HTC PPC6800 off of ebay a few weeks ago. The seller claimed that the phones (he was selling a lot of them) were Alltel phones. So i get mine and activate it on alltel - phone works, internet didn't. There were quite a few settings under ##778 that said sprint - the PPP/some other user name was the ESN@sprint.com... I changed that stuff to get it working on alltel. But then i notice that it says i'm roaming. My Razr wasn't roaming, so the next day i go to alltel to find out why. After trying a few things they claim that the phone is a Sprint phone, the alltel rep said something about the ESN being sprints and thats why it said i was romaing - so is there a way to stop it from roaming? Also, I was contacted by another buyer and they had the exact same issues as i.. One more thing - the phone does have alltel's startup graphics and phone numbers and such preprogrammed...

The model number under the battery is like 6800SP, i'm assuming that means sprint .

Sorry for the semi-long post... Thanks in advance. Search didn't bring up much.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Lurker

Cak3264 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sounds like we may have got our phones fromt the same seller; I just got a PPC6800 on ebay a couple weeks ago that was supposed to be Alltel but was a flashed sprint phone.(a large lot of them) Who was the seller? I haven't had any response from the guy I bought mine from...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan