PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800
Carrier: sprint pcs

stoner86 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to stoner86
A quick question about d/l the 2.17 RUU

i updated my 6800 and the update was sucessful...but now when i go to
start/settings/device information down there @ the bottom ive noticed my sprint username has changed.....would this alter any warranty/insurance i have from sprint.....

using common knowledge id say no just bcuz u should have the choice to change ur name ....but being a noob from hell id still like to ask....

future thanks on any info

BTW....this site fuggin rocks.....i.e i was this close to taking my mogul back until i stumbled across ppcgeeks.....thanks guys for all the help already.....=D>
Old 12-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
my friend, it's more than common knowledge... it's common sense as well which plays a big part of it, but that is a good question indeed. i know it will affect the warranty if you put new hardware in your current device, but as for flashing roms, from 2.09 to 2.17, that shouldn't be a major issue, so anything that could be flashed back to its original ROM version can't possibly go through any issues with warranty.

-now, have i answered this question to the best of my ability?-

glad to look you out anytime.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 12-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Let me count thy wounds

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
oh yeah, and also note that the warranty is only temporary (1 year), but the insurance is indefinate as long as you're paying $7 a month, BUT you're still good either way even though you just got the mogul.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800
Carrier: sprint pcs
Threadstarter

stoner86 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to stoner86
thanks appreciate i got my mogul 2 days ago i just called sprint and got the $7 a month and while i was talking to her i was like "say if i was to accidentally "stab " the screen ....(which in no way could be accidental...lol)would you guys replace it and she said yezzir!! lol so no matter what hacking i do if i ever need a new 1 and dont want them knowing what i did to it i could just damage the fuck out of it so they cant even see what the fuck i was doing lol......thanks agn
Old 12-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Let me count thy wounds

well, hacking your mogul with software is different from taking it apart and doing some modification with hardware which voids the warranty, but the insurance is a backup. oh, and even if you stick your mogul in the microwave for 3 seconds and it suffered some internal damage, they won't know what happened to it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan