PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 12:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

leetsauce is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Let's Petition Sprint for OZ Instant Messaging

I find it unfair that all the other newer Sprint phones (Touch, Centro, Q9c, etc) and even some older ones (755p) have a working IM app, while the Mogul is shipped with nothing but Live Messenger. I propose that we, Sprint's valued Mogul user base, petition for a Mogul version of the OZ IM app. The CAB for the Touch will not work on the Mogul, and we have yet to figure out how to hack it, but until then, we should pressure Sprint into addressing this issue. There's no reason why the app shouldn't be included with the Mogul.

We can easily create a petition at petitiononline.com, or even just send individual letters to Sprint, but before we move on to that step, I want to know if I have the support of the PPCGeeks community. Are you guys in for this?
Old 12-17-2007, 12:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800

JeffdaBeat is a n00b
That's kind of funny because the Touch, Centro, Blackberry Pearl and Q9 were geared towards being media/consumer friendly smart phones. The Mogul was supposed to be a business smartphone. It would make sense to leave it off.

But honestly, there are some great programs out there that act as instant messangers. This Slick program is great.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

digit is a n00b
I think you forgot to include your link. :P

In Soviet Russia, the ROM flashes you!

Thanks, Helmi_c, and the rest of PPCGeeks--you rock!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2/ blackberry bold
Carrier: sprint & at & t

idenkilla is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to idenkilla
Ok I agree to do sign it. But a few weeks back I found some program called IMSMS. and the developer spoke about MD% so if we could get that progrom, checksum, for the MD5 error couldnt we fix that issue?
Old 12-17-2007, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffdaBeat View Post
That's kind of funny because the Touch, Centro, Blackberry Pearl and Q9 were geared towards being media/consumer friendly smart phones. The Mogul was supposed to be a business smartphone. It would make sense to leave it off.

But honestly, there are some great programs out there that act as instant messangers. This Slick program is great.
Yes, but what about the 755p, an obvious business-oriented PDA? And I do use Slick, very great program, but it requires constant data usage to stay signed on. It's not the amount of data used that concerns me, it's the fact that it's constantly used. The OZ IM app is able to stay signed on without using data, and will spring to life upon receiving an instant message. I believe the trick to this is that it is SMS-based.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digit View Post
I think you forgot to include your link. :P
Heh, I don't have a petition created yet. I'm still gauging opinion on this. The post will be updated with the link if we should decide to carry this through to the next step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idenkilla View Post
Ok I agree to do sign it. But a few weeks back I found some program called IMSMS. and the developer spoke about MD% so if we could get that progrom, checksum, for the MD5 error couldnt we fix that issue?
We will have to contact this developer about this, I have no experience with programming or how checksums are involved in this.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

kingsfan626 is a n00b
Why not just download octrotalk and save your time petitioning?
Old 12-17-2007, 01:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I want that OZ im app as well. I am sick and tired of IM+, as it signs on and off constantly whenever I get somewhere with no EVDO signal. Also, Octrotalk isnt even as good as IM+, and IM+ has major flaws. I'll sign a petition.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

To all dissenters: we are aware of the other available instant messaging applications. We know about Slick, about IM+, about Agile, about Mundu, about OctroTalk, about Palringo, about AIM 2.0, and about any other known WM IM apps. They are all flawed one way or another, at least to our eyes, and we don't want those. We want the IM app that Sprint customers with other similar phones get to enjoy, the one that has been unrightfully snatched from the Mogul at conception.

This isn't about getting IM on our phones, we already know it can be done with third party applications. This is about getting Sprint to give Mogul users equal software preferment, and not leave us out of the bandwagon while other Sprint customers enjoy the newest and latest Sprint exclusives. While we're at it, perhaps the Mogul should be shipped with Sprint TV as well. Yes, I know it can work with the Mogul, but not without some hacking. It should be available without hacks, installable and usable off of a CAB.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

monkey is keeping up the good workmonkey is keeping up the good work
I remember signing a petition for the Q to get WM6, but that is not happening. how does Sprint react to petitions? does it even care? but if there is a petition to sign, im in.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

internetaffairs is becoming a great contributor
You Madd

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan