PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul/Titan
Carrier: Pageplus

tumtumtz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashed stock rom now it says mobile number not active or invalid

I have a Sprint Mogul/Titan I bought off of ebay. I recieved it and manually programmed the NAM settings to be the same as my previous phone. It would not do OTH/OTA programming so I then downloaded an outdated Verizon PRL to activate the phone on Pageplus. All was fine other than the fact that it stayed on roaming but I didnt have a problem making or recieving calls or texts, etc. So lastnight I was online and went to the HTC.com website and downloaded the Windows Mobile 6.1 stock rom for the Sprint Mogul. The rom update utility worked fine. It did go back to a Sprint PRL tho. After I updated it this time with the same PRL I used at first it keeps telling me my mobile number is not active or invalid so this is where i am stuck. I cannot get it to work right now. I have done *228 option 1 and 2. Ive double checked the EPST settings and it all seems the same.Not sure what to do from here?

Last edited by tumtumtz; 12-28-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:07 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Flashed stock rom now it says mobile number not active or invalid

been a long time since i checked in on the Mogul..

so, you flashed the Sprint Stock Rom on a VZW Mogul?? sound like the issue is apparent..
Old 12-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tumtumtz is a n00b

no its a sprint mogul. i just did the stock sprint rom upgrade to wm6.1. now i am having this issue. as i said it worked fine when it was using the original rom (wm6.0 or whatever) and now it tell me the mobile number is not active or invalid.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tumtumtz is a n00b

im using it on pageplus if that helps
Old 01-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tumtumtz is a n00b

I figured it out. after i updated the rom the phone company seen it as another phone trying to access the network. all i did to get it fixed was called and have them do an ESN switch to a dummy ESN and then switch again to my ESN and OTA programming worked and all is well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan