PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2007, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sturatt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
few questions (opera, today screen, backups)

I have a few questions that i hope you guys wont mind answering.

first, is it possible to get opera mini to run fullscreen? I really like how it works (the seeing the whole page, and choosing where you want to zoom in, and having the page look just like on a computer), much better than IE, but having the extra stuff at the top and bottom annoy me. I have heard about a picsel browser, and i downloaded a version off of a torrent site, but it was just a bunch of prc and pdb files (arent those for palms?), is there some way i can get these to work?

also, is it possible to do an entire backup of my device? I finally have it setup how i like, is there a way that I can make a backup and just restore it to exacly how it is now whenever I want? I want to try out some of these custom roms, but if i dont like them, i dont want to have to set up all this stuff again.

My third question is probably simple, but i cant find out how to do it. How do i make it so my start menu doesnt show recently used programs?

Thanks
Stuart
Old 12-15-2007, 05:37 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
1st..Mine does that normally, have you tried Picsel. It's similar but better (IMO)

2nd..Spb Backup and Sprite Backup will do that for you.

3rd..Not sure that you can completely get rid of them w/o a app.
$Wisbar Lite or Wisbar Advance 3 will do this. Also QuickMenu will work also and its Free
Also see:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ecent+programs

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to

Last edited by Darkness231; 12-15-2007 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sturatt is a n00b
thanks for the links darkness!

I have heard of picsel, but i cant find it. I found one version of it, but it is just a bunch of prc and pdb files that i have no idea what to do with. Can you help me install them, or find a version that would work?
Old 12-15-2007, 06:16 PM
mmmm Freebirds

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
I've only got version 1.0.0 to work on my Mogul. Due to legal reasons I can't post it or link to it. You will just have to Google picsel 1.0.0
There is some info HERE

Last edited by Darkness231; 12-15-2007 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sturatt is a n00b
i just got picsel browser working, and wow! i love this thing, it's exactly what i was looking for.

I have a few more questions that i would like to ask, but didnt want to start a new thread so I am going to ask them here and edit them into my original post.

I love using picsel browser, but it doesnt work unless the data connection is already active. Is there a way i can start the data connection without having to start up IE? is there some way i can set it up so that i can turn on the data connection by clicking on the little icon at the top (like you can disconnect and see the time from)?
Old 12-15-2007, 11:40 PM
mmmm Freebirds

Here is what I use. Its a mortscript file that basiclly connects and then opens Picsel.
1. This is for Sprint (the command line says Connect( "sprint" ) ). If you are using Verizion change sprint to What ever you have listed under
Start Menu->Settings->Connections->Connections->Advanced tab->Select network
2. This is assuming that Picselbrowser.exe is listed under /Windows directory

You can edit the .mscr files in notepad or on your device with PHM Notepad(part of PHM Pocket PC PowerToys, which is free)

Here are the steps
1 Install Mortscript to your device
2.Run /program files/mortscript/mortscript.exe
3.Copy Picsel.mscr to where ever you want. If you want it in the start menu copy to
/windows/start menu/programs
4. Run Picsel.mscr
Attached Files
File Type: zip MortscriptPicsel.zip (119.8 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan