PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2007, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

fluidj is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon XV6800 Today Screen Question

Just ordered my 6800 as an upgrade from the 6700. I have the WM6 Rom on my 6700 which includes the HTC Home screen plugin (with the contacts, weather, and programs shortcut tabs). My question: Is that plugin just a feature incorporated into the WM6 ROM hack for the 6700? Or is it standard fare on all HTC WM6 devices? Will I have that same option on my yet to arrive 6800? If not, is there a hack to get it on there yet?

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
the home plugin is not a hack or a standard feature on all WM6 Pro PPCs (except the touch), but if you're looking for the kaiser home plugin and HTC Home Customizer, here they are...

http://www.cinetsystems.com/xda/

i dunno if this thing will work for you, but it's a bit slower to open up a window and a folder at work than it is at home.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 12-13-2007, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

NICE! Thanks. I'll try it once I get my device. But, which one should I use? Non-Touch Flo [no cube]?
Old 12-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Let me count thy wounds

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
well, the cube is a no no, cause it doesn't perform like the cube on the touch does... but all in all, you could also install all the other touch apps like the ones i got listed below on my mogul...

HTC ACTION
JUVS HTC ALBUM
HTC HOME PLUGIN Ver. 2.0
HTC HOME CUSTOMIZER
HTC AUDIO MANAGER
JUVS HTC HOME SPRINT PLUGIN
SDK TOOLS (TO FREE UP RAM)

anything else you got, feel free to ask. and i also got some software in my flash drive if ya want to try out anyhting. i shall get off work in about 5 minutes, so i'll be back on as soon as i get home.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
The cube works just fine as long as you have the right one.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=343583
Old 12-13-2007, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
The cube works just fine as long as you have the right one.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=343583
THanks! Long thread though....do you use it? Is it fairly stable?
Old 12-13-2007, 05:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Yes, I have been using it. It's been rock solid on my device. A new version is being worked on that will include a 4th page for launching apps.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Just downloaded and installed it on my 6700....heh..I hope it was made to work with the 6700...couldn't wait
Old 12-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Lurker

Herules is a n00b
I just got my Verizon XV6800 today, I would like to get the Kaiser HTC plug in and internet sharing or what ever it takes to teather, what good stable ROM is clean?
It seems Sprint and Verizon programs are not clear which can be flashed, can we use the Sprint ROMs on the Verizon?
Old 12-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Let me count thy wounds

that's a good question, but even though there is not yet a software update for the XV6800, it is the same type of model, so i also dunno the risks behind using another Titan ROM Upgrade after unlocking the SPL. i too have read about the Alltel ROM being installed on the Mogul, but as i said in a bit of a different way earlier, i can't possibly tell you if the Sprint ROMs work on it, but you could definately ask about the Alltel ROM with the 1.40 radio (vs. the XV6800's default 1.30 and Sprint's 1.32 radios). here's a link to check for software updates for the XV6800 below...

http://www.htcamerica.net/support/default.html

funny thing about this is that the XV6800 is nowhere to be found, but you could in fact keep checking support and products for it.

glad to help anytime bro.

Last edited by blasphemous_prime; 12-15-2007 at 01:15 PM. Reason: mistyping

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan