PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 08:13 AM
Lurker

mastermayhm069 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
xv6800 EPST pictures and details

Hi,
I have a sprint mogul and i am trying to use in on the verizon network. I don't plan on changing the ESN nor do i have a 6700. i have been trying to figure out all the things that i need to do to make this possible.
i installed the latest update from sprint 2.17,
then i added the VZW ROM that i found in one of the forums,
i figured out the msl number using get SPC.
then i uploaded the verizon 50887, (this allowed me to reach the verizon towers and made me get teh verizon On The Air Programing).
I was unable to used that because my msl isn't 000000 and i was unalbe to change it using qpst or bitpim even though i got the modem drivers for it.

This might be helpful to other people who are trying to do the same thing that i am trying to do or something similar, but what i need is if somebody who has verizon xv6800 to upload the 11 EPST pictures so that i could match everything except the phone # and secret codes and ESN. I am trying to do this to make sure that i have everything set up and maybe one or two calls to verizon will allow me to activate this phone. i uploaded the pictures to rapidshare and they are zipped.
if somebody could do this for me i would be very thankful and it would really help a lot.

thanks in advanced.

here are the pictures:
Pics
Old 12-12-2007, 08:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Drooiiiiiiid
Carrier: VZW

WyldStar is a n00b
I'm pretty sure Verizon won't activate any ESN that's not in their database, at least as of now.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

JClay is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to JClay Send a message via MSN to JClay Send a message via Yahoo to JClay
... I love you ingenuity, but the question begs to be asked... WHY?!?!?!?!
www.CLAYMinistries.net
www.fellowshipofbelievers.lwfsc.org

“We've been told that the heart is just too far gone to save, but Grace tells us another story. Where Glory sends hoplesness away, Yes GRACE tell us another story."
Bart Millard, MercyME - “All That Is Within Me” , Simpleville Music / Wet As A Fish Music, 2007
Old 12-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermayhm069 View Post
Hi,
I have a sprint mogul and i am trying to use in on the verizon network. I don't plan on changing the ESN nor do i have a 6700. i have been trying to figure out all the things that i need to do to make this possible.
i installed the latest update from sprint 2.17,
then i added the VZW ROM that i found in one of the forums,
i figured out the msl number using get SPC.
then i uploaded the verizon 50887, (this allowed me to reach the verizon towers and made me get teh verizon On The Air Programing).
I was unable to used that because my msl isn't 000000 and i was unalbe to change it using qpst or bitpim even though i got the modem drivers for it.

This might be helpful to other people who are trying to do the same thing that i am trying to do or something similar, but what i need is if somebody who has verizon xv6800 to upload the 11 EPST pictures so that i could match everything except the phone # and secret codes and ESN. I am trying to do this to make sure that i have everything set up and maybe one or two calls to verizon will allow me to activate this phone. i uploaded the pictures to rapidshare and they are zipped.
if somebody could do this for me i would be very thankful and it would really help a lot.

thanks in advanced.

here are the pictures:
Pics
alright, now this is a young mistake someone would always make, so let me break it down to you as i did with a few others... if you bought a CDMA device from sprint to use with another CDMA carrier like verizon, then you're S.O.L., which means that you cannot just go and buy a sprint PDA and try to get it activated with verizon and any other CDMA carrier... THEY WON'T LET YA DO IT, EVEN IF YOU GAVE THEM THE CORRECT ESN. and one final note is that i don't wanna sound mean, but it sounds you also wasted damn near $600 on something you can't get activated with another carrier... where's ya common sense? lol
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 12-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mastermayhm069 is a n00b
Nice guys, good work, great research.
first, the phone came to me free.
second, people have already done this in case you were skeptical.
third, my common sense tells me that i can do it and i will definitely let u know, just keep an open mind instead of rejecting other peoples work.
forth, i don't want to sound mean but you are ignorant for thinking that you can't do this, go check out other threads.
fifth,i just need somebody's cooperation so that i could try out what i have in mind and all that i wanted is the values and details of a Verizon vz6800 phone.
thanks for replying tho..
Old 12-12-2007, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: cricket

bunvilla is keeping up the good workbunvilla is keeping up the good work
I have a QWEST 6800 running on crickets network does that count??
all is not lost, it does sound like u need to load the prl for your area /which u can get here:http://www.corolada.com/prl/
by the way blaspheus im pretty sure i can get the 6800 to work with any cdma network so long as they will take a phone from another carrier,that is pretty much only thing stopping it from happing and i believe verizon said they will start taken other phones/
back to loading prl, once u have the right 1 u want to load it into your mydocuments on the phone, personal folder would work(its in the mydocuments folder of phone)
then use ##775# i believe and it will let u manually load prl and then u r set for the most part.
i am just giving u this bit of info hopefully someone else will give u rest if u need
Old 12-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Let me count thy wounds

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
well, i can't take anything away from you, but... wait a sec! this is coming back to me from what i read about a year ago on some other site... i read about this type of thing being done on a verizon treo 650 being put on the sprint network to save this guy alot of money. my intuition maybe wrong about you spending a red cent on the mogul (shame on me). and if you have anything else, it would be my pleasure to be on the HOT SEAT anytime.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Let me count thy wounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunvilla View Post
I have a QWEST 6800 running on crickets network does that count??
all is not lost, it does sound like u need to load the prl for your area /which u can get here:http://www.corolada.com/prl/
by the way blaspheus im pretty sure i can get the 6800 to work with any cdma network so long as they will take a phone from another carrier,that is pretty much only thing stopping it from happing and i believe verizon said they will start taken other phones/
back to loading prl, once u have the right 1 u want to load it into your mydocuments on the phone, personal folder would work(its in the mydocuments folder of phone)
then use ##775# i believe and it will let u manually load prl and then u r set for the most part.
i am just giving u this bit of info hopefully someone else will give u rest if u need
whoa... on this site alone, you mean that you could change the prl version of the 6800 and use it with any CDMA carrier regardless of where you got it from? sounds even better than getting a GSM device unlocked. i embrace both you (bunvilla) and mastermayhm069...

-I STILL DUNNO NUTHIN... LOL
Old 12-12-2007, 10:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Drooiiiiiiid

WyldStar is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
whoa... on this site alone, you mean that you could change the prl version of the 6800 and use it with any CDMA carrier regardless of where you got it from?
Not really. Cricket is pretty unique, because they'll let you activate any phone on their network... as long as you can get it to work. VZW only allows phones with specific ESNs to be activated on their network.. the ones that they sell. That's supposed to change next year, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Let me count thy wounds

this gets me too, but you mean for example that it can't be done unless that phone is the same model with the same ESN? like the moto q, treo 700wx, or xv6700 for example...?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan