PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Lurker

Original_Swoosh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keep Missing Calls With Mogul

I Will Try To Explain This As Simple As I Can. Recently I've Been Getting Missed Calls And Late Text Messages, But It Only Occurs When I Have My Phone In Standy For A While, Then As Soon As I Press The Power Button, I Will Receive The Message, But It Doesn't Even Show The Missed Calls, Only Way I'd Know Is From Someone Leaving A Voicemail. Ex. If Somebody Sends Me A Text At 8:00, And My Phone Is In Standy, If I Don't Take It Out Of Standy Until 10:00, THAT's When I'll Get The Text. People Will Say They've Been Calling And I Can't Even Tell Because The Phone Won't Even Ring Sometimes. Anybody Else Experienced This Problem?
Old 12-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

suprgonzo is a n00b
Yep.. mine does that too.. don't have too many 3rd party apps either.. 2.17 has been better about it.. but requires a soft reset to stop.. and not sure what triggers it..
Old 12-12-2007, 12:58 AM
Lurker

thundernad is a n00b
I was having a serious problem with that after the 2.16 update... even after fresh hard resets and zero addons installed. I would press answer and the phone would go to the dialpad but would not "answer" the call for 5-10 seconds causing me to miss most calls. I got a replacement and the problems stopped, even with the same firmware.

My original was a launch model, with the pocket pc logo, my replacement was a fresh/new out of the box model lacking the pocketpc logo. I know HTC/Audiovox has done this in the past (ie 6700). Does this indicate a different hardware revision on the main board? If so, I personally have had significantly fewer issues with this model. My $.02.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Abyss is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Abyss
Phone page-->Menu-->Device Information...
I received my Mogul on day one and it shows Hardware version 003. I believe the changes you have noted are from the 2.17 ROM...

Last edited by Abyss; 12-12-2007 at 01:37 AM.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Yeah, I have been having the same problem. I called CS several times and was going to call again this morning, but I called my cell and it went right through will in sleep mode.

The other problem is that it keeps resetting itself back to the ESN # as the username for internet.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800

FatiusJeebs is a n00b
I actually had 13 unread voicemails in my box when the display told me I only had 1. This happens to me repeatedly.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
FatiusJeebs, that is a known issue, if there are any new voicemails it will only ever say - 1 new vm...
Old 12-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

lumpyone is a n00b
I have 2 Moguls, 1 for myself and the other for my wife. Her's started doing this a few weeks ago. Finally had to just take it down to a local Sprint store and show them what was going on. They just swapped it out for me after calling it a few times and seeing it wasn't ringing but showing the missed message.

Appears to be a hardware issue of some kind. Her new one works just fine, so far.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

threeFiftyLi is becoming a great contributor
I've had this issue and what seemed to be the problem is the phone will lockup in standby after about a day or so. To prevent this from happening, I have been soft reseting my phone every morning. What I also noticed is if you send a text or end a call and hit the power button too quickly, it locks up the line on the phone until you hit the power button again. After the phone resumes, the line opens and you get your missed text and missed call.

Anyone else think this is the reason?
Old 12-13-2007, 03:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jiggawho is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original_Swoosh View Post
I Will Try To Explain This As Simple As I Can. Recently I've Been Getting Missed Calls And Late Text Messages, But It Only Occurs When I Have My Phone In Standy For A While, Then As Soon As I Press The Power Button, I Will Receive The Message, But It Doesn't Even Show The Missed Calls, Only Way I'd Know Is From Someone Leaving A Voicemail. Ex. If Somebody Sends Me A Text At 8:00, And My Phone Is In Standy, If I Don't Take It Out Of Standy Until 10:00, THAT's When I'll Get The Text. People Will Say They've Been Calling And I Can't Even Tell Because The Phone Won't Even Ring Sometimes. Anybody Else Experienced This Problem?
My phone does the exact same thing!!! I thought it was just happening to me. And there's really no way to explain it to someone! I don't think people can understand the concept that my phone would ring only when I turn the screen on rather than when the call was actually placed. I thought that was so stupid, and most importantly, my old 6700 never did.
Seems like the Mogul has so many issues.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan