PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

nicandalf is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Setting up a PPC 6800

Hello All:

I just received my new Sprint Mogul (PPC 6800) today and was hoping that someone could tell me what I need to do to bring it to its tip-top shape. I understand there are a lot of issues with the phone and I would like to try to fix them all from the get go.

I know a bit about computers and Pocket PC's (I currently own the HP IPAQ 4150), but I know I haven't used it to its full potential and would like to do that with this new phone.

I might need a little more explaining at first, but I catch on fast and am good at figuring things out. I appreciate anyone's help out there... especially those who now love their phone with the tweaks/fixes that they made. I would also appreciate recommendations on 3rd-party apps that make the phone just that much better.

Also, how do I get my calendar and phone book transferred from my IPAQ to the new phone?

PLEASE HELP!
Old 12-11-2007, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP12PREDIAMONDMOMENTEVO
Carrier: anyone

veronicamays is becoming a great contributor
You would need to sync your ipaq through outlook, then sync the mogul. You will definitely need a registry editor, PHM is free however I use resco. Check out threads by codyppc, he has cabbed up alot of the tweaks so that you won't need a registry editor. Also search for HTC Home Plug in, HTC Media player, tcpmp, orb, slingplayer, mms hack. That should get you started.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

nicandalf is becoming a great contributor
Thanks, I just searched resco and found the Utility Package... is that what you have? I'm a bit on the novice side, so I don't know much. Once I install the registry editor, what do I do next? You also mentioned that I don't need the registry editor if I check out the threads by codyppc... I am so confused! I better start doing my research. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan